Turn on thread page Beta

BIOL4 Biology Unit 4 Exam - 13th June 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    54.23%
    NO!
    45.77%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Rainbow*)
    Ah yeah sorry
    in the independent stage it provides energy for GP to be converted to TP, where as NADH provides hydrogen ions for GP to be changed to TP

ReputationRep:
    Can they ask about Unit 1, 2, and 5 even though it isn't really relevant to the Unit 4 exam?

I wish I had revised the heart, lungs etc in more detail, just in case it comes up!

ReputationRep:
    Quick Q. If you want to do a module in jan, but the your school does it in june, is there anyway to do the exam in jan?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oloyeded020)
    can anyone help explain question 7b iii
    on the specimen paper?
    for these questions its all about the overlap between the standard deviations. if there is a large overlap then it is difficult to tell the difference. however, when there is a small overlap or no overlap then you can tell the difference, usually. this is because when there is little or no overlap, there is a significant statistical difference between the two data sets. then you link this in with the question it gives you...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by User12399)
    in the independent stage it provides energy for GP to be converted to TP, where as NADH provides hydrogen ions for GP to be changed to TP
    just a quick note. remember its NADP in photosynthesis not NAD..... i got confused with that in one past paper and they will probably mark you down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sanaindaclub)
    Quick Q. If you want to do a module in jan, but the your school does it in june, is there anyway to do the exam in jan?
    Yeah, they may possibly ask you to pay for it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zebra12345)
    Can they ask about Unit 1, 2, and 5 even though it isn't really relevant to the Unit 4 exam?

I wish I had revised the heart, lungs etc in more detail, just in case it comes up!
    They definately won't ask about 5, as most colleges do this mod in Jan and unit 5 in June, so it is testing what they won't yet know.

I think there are synpotic elements, i've seen an enzyme question for example and a SA:VOL one, but it won't test anything like heart/lungs as this is specfic subject matter, whereas enzymes and sa:vol ratio can tie in with this unit (rubisco = enzyme in photosynthesis and sa:vol ratio relates to animals = ecology).
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Btw do we acts have to know the specific numbers? eg 32 ATP made in what reaction etc

ReputationRep:
    poll:?Which section in unit 4 you feel you are not confident.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Rainbow*)
    Btw do we acts have to know the specific numbers? eg 32 ATP made in what reaction etc
    Pretty sure we don't, but it will help for the unit 5 synoptic essay if respiration is part of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_habib)
    poll:?Which section in unit 4 you feel you are not confident.
    Either chapter 1 or 5. I find the application questions from them the hardest to answer.

ReputationRep:
    Quick question:
    http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf...W-QP-JAN10.PDF

MS: http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf...W-MS-JAN10.PDF

q3bi. is confusing me a little, I've checked the MS and don't understand how to get the third mark.

Age as a percentage of maximum? Can't you get the answer from simply finding where the curve hits 5000, the reading down to age? What does age as a percentage of the maximum mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tericon)
    Quick question:

q3bi. is confusing me a little, I've checked the MS and don't understand how to get the third mark.

Age as a percentage of maximum? Can't you get the answer from simply finding where the curve hits 5000, the reading down to age? What does age as a percentage of the maximum mean?
    Life expectancy=age that 50% of a population reach, so just go from 5000 to the curve at C along the x-axes(draw straight line from 5000 at Y)

ReputationRep:
    I wonder what animal they'll make us all hate this year :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tericon)
    Quick question:

it tells you in the question that the maximum age is something like 95.... so you find the percentage of the age at the specific amount... i think its 85% right??? but then you take 85% of 95 or whatever the maximum age is and it gets you the answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehsponge)
    I wonder what animal they'll make us all hate this year :p:
    i reckonnnnn it will be squirrels.... its always some kind of small furry wild animal... although i like squirrels so i hope its not... haha

ReputationRep:
    BIOL 4 JAN11 MS needed. Anybody?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iluvmilka)
    BIOL 4 JAN11 MS needed. Anybody?
    It's in the OP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyboy1993)
    It's in the OP
    Where?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iluvmilka)
    Where?
    It's an attached file in the first post on this thread

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 5, 2017
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.