Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

BIOL4 Biology Unit 4 Exam - 13th June 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    54.23%
    NO!
    45.77%

ReputationRep:
    I thought the exam was quite hard, couldnt quite get what some of the qu were getting at, a few qu:
    what did everyone put for the reason human synthesising lots of atp?
    where did u put ur ticks in the first qu?
    the negative correlation coefficient?
    the one about pathogens??

any help, much appreciated....i will rep!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i got 4% for Hardy Weinburg.

And wrote about ammonification and then both nitrification stages to get nitrates so plant can actively transport them through root hair cells.

Thought the last 3 questions were okay, with the nitrogen, carbon and Calvin cycles.

ReputationRep:
    Wooop, think that exam went okay. Alot better than the January 2011 one i originally sat, so lets hoping i got higher than an E this time around. LOL :|

Few dodgy questions here and there, but i was made up with the end 3 questions. <3

ReputationRep:
    okay cool sounds like about the same kind of stuff just in leser detail so i'm happy enough with that lol i only need a c so hopefully i've got that

ReputationRep:
    is there gonna be an unofficial mark scheme up?

ReputationRep:
    I thought the Hardy-Weinberg question said all of the homozygotes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura-Robbie)
    you know the one about the horse eating extra food in the summer what did people say it used the extra nutrients for. i know its only one mark but i wasn't too sure what to out, i put growth but i dont know if that is right or not
    I said that the horse would store the nutrients and use it the following winter?? :s

ReputationRep:
    i got 4% for hardy weinbug, it defo said homozygous recessive. i must of read it about 10 times because i thought it was a trick question

ReputationRep:
    i think it was homozygous recesive it wanted coz it was the t for the allele that wouldn't code for an enzyme or something, what type of selection did everyone put??

ReputationRep:
    I got 4% for the hardy weinburg too ! What did everyone put for the question following that about what they hardy weinburg predicts will happen to the t allele or something like that??

ReputationRep:
    i think it was homozygous recesive it wanted coz it was the t for the allele that wouldn't code for an enzyme or something, what type of selection did everyone put??
    Didnt really have to use the equation which was strange, but i pit 4% also.

I put directional selection, not too sure though.

ReputationRep:
    i put that it predicts it wont change from one generation to the next providing natyral selection and mutations don't take place, what did everyone put for the type of selection i reaslly wasn't sure but put stabilising selection because there was no change in the environmental temperature or anything??

ReputationRep:
    That Hardy Weinberg one REALLY threw me. First of all, you didn't even have to use the HW equation, which it told you to use. Also 4% seemed really low, but thats what everyone else got in my class.

ReputationRep:
    i put that it predicts it wont change from one generation to the next providing natyral selection and mutations don't take place, what did everyone put for the type of selection i reaslly wasn't sure but put stabilising selection because there was no change in the environmental temperature or anything??
    I put directional because the environment is changing and the phenotypes also change?

ReputationRep:
    i put directional because it was the those in the extremes (i.e. those with the t allele) were being eliminated from the population

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steerforth)
    Didnt really have to use the equation which was strange, but i pit 4% also.

I put directional selection, not too sure though.
    I put stabilising but I think it could have been either...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cws121)
    i put directional because it was the those in the extremes (i.e. those with the t allele) were being eliminated from the population
    But that also happens with stablising.

ReputationRep:
    what did every get for the cats ratio, 1:1 ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cws121)
    isn't that stabilising though because it centres around the mean i.e the extremes are eliminated. directional is when it moves to the extremes and they are being selected for?? please correct me if i'm wrong

ReputationRep:
    It favoured one allele therefore must be directional surely? As it favours one extreme

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 5, 2017
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.