Turn on thread page Beta

BIOL4 Biology Unit 4 Exam - 13th June 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    54.23%
    NO!
    45.77%

ReputationRep:
    what did you all get for the question about measuring the gland size of the blue tit at the same time as the no. of mites affecting reliability? :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liron Ingleby)
    you got 3:1 becuase you did a cross of Rr Rr and they said use THIS Black cat which was Rr and a white cat whcih was rr so therefor your possibilities are Rr Rr rr rr there 50:50 which is 1:1
    ah yes, see I thought I was doing the latter but obviously not haha, thanks for explaining.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SK-mar)
    yeh i said less than or equal too as well. i also said we reject our null hypothesis that the frequency of alleles wont change. probably not needed but oh well haha.
    I just said equal to.

ReputationRep:
    sorry not the blue tit, great tit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stratos)
    It stated "minimum daily requirement" so I doubt they were referring to excess nutrients being stored into fat cells, more like they would be used for anything other than respiration and heat.
    i wrote about heat

ReputationRep:
    It stated "minimum daily requirement" so I doubt they were referring to excess nutrients being stored into fat cells, more like they would be used for anything other than respiration and heat.
    I assumed a minimum daily requirement would include tissue repair/growth, so the only thing left would be storage? Else it's left to excretion.

ReputationRep:
    I believe it was for storage - I put down fat - because as it was absorbed it couldnt be excreted - also the daily requirement would have taken into account respiration lost as heaat.. Also the table indicated that in the winter the horse would need to use those reserves.

ReputationRep:
    tbh after 3 or so hours i'm starting to forget some of the questions and not that arsed anymore, noone can do anything about it so all we can all do is hope for the best.

ReputationRep:
    What did people write for the reliability question? how would it affect reliability? I wrote something about decreasing reliablity, because measure oil glands may remove/change no. mites on the tail feathers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruky07)
    i wrote about heat
    same i put enzymes heat and optimum temp

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruky07)
    i wrote about heat
    but wasn't it talking about the horse in the middle of summer?

ReputationRep:
    heey what did you write for the chocolate fur q...i said it was possible if you breed homozygous chocolate fur with each other or homozygous chocolate fur with heterozygous chocolate fur then i dreww the punnet square too loool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MessyRoom)
    I assumed a minimum daily requirement would include tissue repair/growth, so the only thing left would be storage? Else it's left to excretion.
    I believe it was storage and it couldnt be excretion - as the question stated that the nutrients were absorbed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaaN-x)
    heey what did you write for the chocolate fur q...i said it was possible if you breed homozygous chocolate fur with each other or homozygous chocolate fur with heterozygous chocolate fur then i dreww the punnet square too loool
    i said you could but they could carry cinnamon so you couldn't unless you knew their genotype.

ReputationRep:
    I said impossible because you cannot distinguish homozygous chocolate from heterozygous chocolate therefore you cannot get chocolate 100% and there is a chance of getting Cinnamon colour fur.

ReputationRep:
    how was it you got the cats to be homozygous bb, i could only manage to get them b bi???? very confused about this one could someone please explain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betsss)
    What did people write for the reliability question? how would it affect reliability? I wrote something about decreasing reliablity, because measure oil glands may remove/change no. mites on the tail feathers
    The question asked for why the reliability would change by checking the feathers and oil glands at the same time

Doing it at the same time would increase reliability as there would be no time foreither varibale to change.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tara_Ward)
    but wasn't it talking about the horse in the middle of summer?
    sorry my bad, i was talking about another question.

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't possible because breeding Chocolate with Cinnamon still had the chance of producing bi bi, as did Chocolate with Chocolate. Obviously Black with Chocolate could produce Bb.

The answer was no, there's the explanation.

ReputationRep:
    What was the general feel for this exam? How do you think the grade boundaries will be?

Do you think it was quite a hard paper or an easy paper? How many marks for a B or an A do you think? :]

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 5, 2017

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.