Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MessyRoom)
    Exactly, you have to refer to the data in the question and not the hypothetical data. True it would be possible IF there was a homozygous Chocolate, but then the answer to the question would be easy and it wasn't the case anyway.
    But it was possible to breed homozygous chocolate cats from heterozygous. And so chocolate litters CAN be bred!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie2802)
    there was a lower respiratory loss so overall net was greater?
    I said the days are longer in July, so photosynthesis produces more gross, however shorter nights means respiration lasts shorter so less production of useful organic molecules.

ReputationRep:
    What if you only put 4 for the hardy weinburg question without the percentage sign? I forgot

ReputationRep:
    what did people put for why it was negative or something
    Negative correlation.

ReputationRep:
    What if you only put 4 for the hardy weinburg question without the percentage sign? I forgot

I think there was a percentage after it i cannot remember..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FatalError)

there was

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FatalError)

It was a % after it ..dw

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=MessyRoom;32145520]Horse stores excess substances as fat. Fairly sure as an E "level" question that's right.

Why does the anaerobic tank stop working if not cooled?[/QUOTE]

I put that the microorganisms secrete enzymes to break the waste down. And these enzymes will become denatured and stop working if the temperatures too hot, so the reaction will not happen, and waste will not be broken down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imsobored.)
    It's okay because the precentage sign was already there

ReputationRep:
    Ok, im still confused with the directional selection thingy. Im sure it was stabilising as the mean individuals did have the functional protein as its frequency was greater so it is maintaining the phenotype of the population.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abzzzg)
    But it was possible to breed homozygous chocolate cats from heterozygous. And so chocolate litters CAN be bred!
    Yes it was possible to breed a homozygous chocolate, but it was also possible to breed homozygous cinnamon which = not ALL cats are chocolate. You would have to know the genotype rather than the phenotype of the new cats to be sure they were homozygous chocolate to then produce a litter that was ALL chocolate, but how would you know that?

ReputationRep:
    For the question about why cat actual coat colours were different from predicted, would independent assortment be a valid answer?

ReputationRep:
    Yes it was possible to breed a homozygous chocolate, but it was also possible to breed homozygous cinnamon which = not ALL cats are chocolate. You would have to know the genotype rather than the phenotype of the new cats to be sure they were homozygous chocolate to then produce a litter that was ALL chocolate, but how would you know that?
    You would eventually get two 'bb' and you can continue to cross breed until you are certain so it is possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arvin_infinity)
    It was a % after it ..dw
    Thank Goodness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tericon)
    For the question about why cat actual coat colours were different from predicted, would independent assortment be a valid answer?
    No idea, but the answer in the mark scheme is likely to be that sexual reproduction is random.

ReputationRep:
    ]

I put because of the random nature predictions are never accurate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JONNYCMW)
    I wrote that respiration is enzyme controlled. Higher temp in June, higher KE of enzyme + substrate so rate of successful E-S collisions greater. Greate rate of respiration. Using equation, net production is less.
    I didnt know what marks they were looking for in the answer.
    I didnt know what the

ReputationRep:
    I dont get why it would be directional?

the recessive allele was an extreme that deviated from the mean. If it were selected against then that is reducing the range but the mean stays the same . Hence Stabalising?

also what is the adp equation cos ihave a feeling i messed that up?
    is it not just

ADP +Pi --> ATP?

Also i pot horses sotres excess nutrients as fat etc so it can be used in which when more energy is needed.

the mites question hard.

ReputationRep:
    would anyone agree for the selection one it might be the strength of your explanation that gives the marks because its the one that seems to be causing the most contraversy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MessyRoom)
    I said the days are longer in July, so photosynthesis produces more gross, however shorter nights means respiration lasts shorter so less production of useful organic molecules.
    Respiration also happens during the day

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 5, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.