Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BIOL4 Biology Unit 4 Exam - 13th June 2011 Watch

• View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    54.23%
    NO!
    45.77%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesSimonHudson)
    because it would get too hot and this would denature enzymes involved in nitrification etc so cooled keeps its at optimum temperature
    I said because the anaerobic microorganisms respire when they break down the waste, and respiration releases heat energy. The heat energy will continue to rise, and the enzymes will denature, so the microorganisms cannot break down the waste?

ReputationRep:
    What will the raw marks for a B be do you think? I don't think I've got an A...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MessyRoom)
    On the ratio question, I put 50% rather than 1:1 - will I get it?
    same

ReputationRep:
    same
    I put 50:50 too!

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone put for the last 4-6 markers at the end?

ReputationRep:
    same
    But the question asked specifically for a ratio.

ReputationRep:
    I put 1:1 and 50% in brackets... randomly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Butler)
    But the question asked specifically for a ratio.
    would I have got the mark?

ReputationRep:
    i so thought it was stabalising selection! they really werent clear.

also i put that you wont get a whole chocolate cat population and now you can so thats 3 marks. great.

I NEED AN A

ReputationRep:
    Is this right:
    That you can get a whole chocolate cat population by breeding only bb genotype cats so that the whole population is chocolate cats?

ReputationRep:
    The answer was yes.
    Two possibilities : both parents are homozygous b chocolate allele
    OR one parent is heterozygous for b and bi and the other parent is homozygous for b chocolate allele
    but didnt they say it was the parents from before not just any

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rickesh)
    What did everyone put for the last 4-6 markers at the end?
    Light independant reaction involved. Rubp combines with Co2 to form 2 molecules of GP. GP reduced by reduced NADP into TP - energy for reaction supplied by hydrolysis of ATP. ATP and reduced NADP come from light dependant reaction.
    TP is converted into larger organic molecules like glucose.

ReputationRep:
    but didnt they say it was the parents from before not just any
    It could be any parents with any combination of alleles.

ReputationRep:
    Light independant reaction involved. Rubp combines with Co2 to form 2 molecules of GP. GP reduced by reduced NADP into TP - energy for reaction supplied by hydrolysis of ATP. ATP and reduced NADP come from light dependant reaction.
    TP is converted into larger organic molecules like glucose.
    yeah i put that but i also put that 5/6 of tp is converted back into RUBP and 1/6 is converted to organic moleucles?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tara_Ward)
    i think it was quite ordinary. probably normal boundaries 80% A 70% B etc.

What grade does everyone think they got?
    nooooooooooo. in this exam the usual % for an A is like 60...where the heck did you get those from

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rickesh)
    Is this right:
    That you can get a whole chocolate cat population by breeding only bb genotype cats so that the whole population is chocolate cats?
    Yes, and additionally you can have all chocolate children if one parent has genotype bb and the other has bbi

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, hs anyone posted an unofficial mark scheme?
    Thank you in advance..

ReputationRep:
    Yes, and additionally you can have all chocolate children if one parent has genotype bb and the other has bbi
    yepp

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MessyRoom)
    It wasn't possible because breeding Chocolate with Cinnamon still had the chance of producing bi bi, as did Chocolate with Chocolate. Obviously Black with Chocolate could produce Bb.

The answer was no, there's the explanation.
    surely this is wrong mate. cos if you breed chocolate with chocolate so parents genotypes are 'bb' and 'bb' then you can only get chocolate. same if you breed 'bb' with 'bbi' then you can only get chocolate. so the answer is yes.

ReputationRep:
    Why was the net productivity higher in August than in March? Was it because the rate of photosynthesis was higher than the rate of respiration? Therefore more energy is used in growth than lost in respiration??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.