Turn on thread page Beta

BIOL4 Biology Unit 4 Exam - 13th June 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    54.23%
    NO!
    45.77%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou12)
    what did people write for the question on the effects of leaching- 3 marks i think
    I explained the entire of eutrophication lol..
    So the whole process of algal bloom -> less light for lower depths -> lower species die -> broken die by aerobic saprobiotic organisms -> creates oxygen debt -> aerobic organisms such as fish -> also broken down -> water turns putrid?

ReputationRep:
    I hate these papers. The questions are so damn vague that no matter how many past papers you do, you'll still run across some blunders. Not looking forward to unit 5 at all.

ReputationRep:
    Leaving this thread now.. I find mistakes on mines the longer I stay here.. O.o Well GOOD LUCK to us all in august! xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rickesh)
    Lol thats dodgey the people i asked said yes because you can breed the genotypes bb and bb and produce all chocolate cats?
    But he wanted 100% chocolate cats and breeding and selcetion of gametes is random so you couldn't ensure 100% chocolate cats because it was bbi and bbi or whatever, so cinnamon cats wouldve been made, so im pretty sure the answer was no..

ReputationRep:
    can't look at this thread anymore, it makes me feel like **** everytime i look at the discussion.
    what's done is done. goodbye uni .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joyciejones23)
    There was a tick in every box for yours? I put a cross in production of ATP for pss, becuase net production was 0, also electron transport doesn't occur in either anaerobic respiration or photosynthesis.. Also, the mite question was horrible!!
    electron transport does occur in light dependent in photosyntheiss

ReputationRep:
    Felt okay leaving the exam , now feel I'm gonna scrape a C at best.. great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mira1)
    directional =) how did u find it?
    I thought the exam was not too bad if i'm fair with you I can definitly see me getting aroun 50 ish, but who knows the mark schemes for the unit 4 papers are soo odd :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JONNYCMW)
    directional. selects for high production of functional enzyme
    Yes thats what i wrote! , but i didnt write about the enzyme bit i just wrote that one of the extremes is selected against whilst the other is selected for , dyu think i would get the mark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingsmod1)
    dogwhelks??????????/ wat there come from

few of my friends missed the very Last Q at the back LOL about co2
    Ditto! :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    What was the last question? I might have missed it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FatalError)
    What was the last question? I might have missed it!
    It was something along the lines of explaining how carbon dioxide is used used in photosynthesis to produce organic molecules. So basically you just had to describe the Calvin cycle and then say that you can make useful organic products (e.g. glucose) from TP.. Well that's what I wrote at least lol..

ReputationRep:
    To all people worried about this exam after looking on TSR;

The users of TSR are not representative of the country's students sitting this exam. By being active members of a student website and posting in threads such as this proves you have a higher than average interest in your schooling, education and exams.

Most people in TSR are going to be C grade candidates or above - count yourself as one of them and relax

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MessyRoom)
    To all people worried about this exam after looking on TSR;

The users of TSR are not representative of the country's students sitting this exam. By being active members of a student website and posting in threads such as this proves you have a higher than average interest in your schooling, education and exams.

Most people in TSR are going to be C grade candidates or above - count yourself as one of them and relax
    ...yeah except quite a few people have come on here saying they got lower than a C in January.

ReputationRep:
    I was drunk and sat this paper = EASIEST PAPER EVER!
    No panicking with the HSW QUESTION

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahTM)
    I worked everything out... Got the same as you and made sure it all added up to 1...

Then wrote down the Heterozygous percentage
    Hoping I'll get one?
    I nearly did that too! because in all my practice papers they asked you to work out the heterozygous. I sure youll get 1 mark as you demonstrated you know how to do the equation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khimmy)
    hehe lool yea but thats the thing i didnt i calculated for hetero recessive and got 16%
    square route of 0.2 is 0.04. 0.04 x 100 (to get the percentage) = 4%

how did you get 16% ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joyciejones23)
    But he wanted 100% chocolate cats and breeding and selcetion of gametes is random so you couldn't ensure 100% chocolate cats because it was bbi and bbi or whatever, so cinnamon cats wouldve been made, so im pretty sure the answer was no..
    The answer relied on whether you chose to try his breeding pair or get anew set in. It was a very vague question. I chose no and used his breeding pair to explain as i feel getting in a whole new breeding pair would be overly simple?

ReputationRep:
    I think I got 4% for the hardy weinberg question.

However, I got yes for the chocolate kitten q because surely if both of the parents were bb, then all offspring would be bb too? Or did it mean if the current parent cats were used?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahTM)
    Yes, but all those things are a concequence...
    Plants dying due to inability to photosynthesise is a concequence...
    Increasing numbers of aerobic microorganisms is a concequence...
    Algal bloom is a concequence...
    Arguably plants dying is an effect of leeching?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 5, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.