Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BIOL4 Biology Unit 4 Exam - 13th June 2011 Watch

• View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    54.23%
    NO!
    45.77%

ReputationRep:
    Also, for the leaching question, I briefly explained eutrophication, and added that it would lead to reduced species diversity too.

ReputationRep:
    lost about 20 marks - A* still hopefully? :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SK-mar)
    but it didn't ask for 2nd generation did it? it just said that the breeder wanted to produce chocolate cats and having 'bb' and 'bbi' would do this. and so would 'bb' and 'bb'
    He wanted a population of chocolate cats, so I'm guessing more than just one generation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by altudios)
    Well theoretically mutations could cause it, so you might be alright if the mark scheme is forgiving. However, the fact is that most mutations result in something useless happening, and mutation of the allele is not really the primary reason that real offspring don't match the theoretical ones. But you gave an example of a process that can affect offspring genotypes, and you wrote it in the correct box, so you probably got more than me on that one!
    I'm worrie di was too vague answering this question. I put something along the lines of 'although we have predicted the frequencies, the results will stil be random meaning we will not always get the predicted amount.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesSimonHudson)
    nooooooooooo. in this exam the usual % for an A is like 60...where the heck did you get those from
    That's how all our teachers mark them. :/ they put 80 A 70B 60C and so on. They've been lying to me. :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tara_Ward)
    That's how all our teachers mark them. :/ they put 80 A 70B 60C and so on. They've been lying to me. :O
    but isn't the paper out of 75?

unless your thinking of UMS...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zakir)
    but isn't the paper out of 75?

unless your thinking of UMS...

i meant %

ReputationRep:
    which means that 60 is raw marks is 80%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tara_Ward)
    i meant %
    oh ok...my bad :P

well the grade boundaries in January where approx 69% for an A* which was 52/70..

an A was 47/70..

i reckon they'll be higher this time round because, judging by what peeps are saying about the paper, it was much easier...

but that's just a thought

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahTM)
    Me too
    *high fives* :')
    haha wooo was that a 1 mark qstn or 3 cnt even rememeber

ReputationRep:
    For the question where we had to right the parents genotype....then gametes alleles, then write offspring

Can someone tell me what they put??? pleaseeeeeeeeeeee Its been playing on my mind since yday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *QueenBeee)
    For the question where we had to right the parents genotype....then gametes alleles, then write offspring

Can someone tell me what they put??? pleaseeeeeeeeeeee Its been playing on my mind since yday!
    i put Bb, bbi and bibi i think but dnt no if its right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cleo101)
    i put Bb, bbi and bibi i think but dnt no if its right
    What did you put as the parents????

ReputationRep:
    Parents where Bbi and bbi

ReputationRep:
    What did you put as the parents????
    i got Bbi and bbi thats the only way they could produce cinnamon bibi

ReputationRep:
    i got Bbi and bbi thats the only way they could produce cinnamon bibi
    Yes thats what i put too!

But when you cross them over i got

B b
    B bi
    b bi
    bi bi

Is that what you got?

ReputationRep:
    Yes thats what i put too!

But when you cross them over i got

B b
    B bi
    b bi
    bi bi

Is that what you got?
    yeah i got that but i was confusedd which to put as black fur cos there were 2 black :confused:

ReputationRep:
    yeah i got that but i was confusedd which to put as black fur cos there were 2 black :confused:
    yes! I had the exact same thought.. so I put both haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xbabycakes)
    yes! I had the exact same thought.. so I put both haha.
    haha i think i only put 1 ah well

ReputationRep:
    yes i got that too! I kept on going through it repeatedly...in the end i just wrote of them down ha!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.