Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BIOL4 Biology Unit 4 Exam - 13th June 2011 Watch

• View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    54.23%
    NO!
    45.77%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalange)
    I have to retake this module. I got 88/100 UMS but I need an A*
    I think I'm going to use the Bill Indge questions, past papers, Nelson Thornes questions and my previous notes for revision. Wbu?
    Hi, I just read your post I am also doing Bio4 but in January, I wanted to ask how did you revise for photosynthesis because at the moment I am finding it really hard to apply to questions.x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuss)
    Anyone got paper/mark scheme for this?
    Did anyone reply to this?
    Need to paper/mark scheme too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cobra2k10)
    Only just over 2 months now until the exam. Hows everyones revision going? To be honest I really dont like this unit as its mainly to do with ecology and the boring biology stuff...lol. I have also attached the June 2010 and January 2011 past papers with their mark schemes for revision purposes!!! The others can be found on the AQA website. Enjoy

REVISION NOTES: http://www.studentcreche.co.uk/resources/biol4.pdf
    Hey, do you have the biology unit 4 june 2011 exam paper and mark scheme i need it urgently

ReputationRep:
    Hey do you have the june 2011 biol1 paper asap ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 003380)
    Hey, do you have the biology unit 4 june 2011 exam paper and mark scheme i need it urgently
    Same. Been searching everywhere

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone i've uploaded the Biology unit 4 June 2011 paper and mark scheme
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf AQA-BIOL4-W-MS-Jun11[1].pdf (161.7 KB, 1110 views)
  2. File Type: pdf AQA-BIOL4-W-QP-Jun11[1].pdf (487.2 KB, 1078 views)

ReputationRep:
    Omdd thanks alot your totally awesome. Made my day, been searching for agees

ReputationRep:
    anyone gt the june 2011 paper asap?

ReputationRep:
    have you got the the unit 5 paper and MS mate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SK-mar)
    ok can you explain exactly how that answer is achieved as everyone who answered it got it wrong... btw where is this question from and are you doing AQA? cheers...

hey, I'm just doing this question, i had a read on here and faffed with some numbers.

So there are 150 birds with the phenotype of CM CN and 50 with CN CN

Therefore half of the 150 CM CN birds will give the frequency of CN in that 150.

150/2 (half of 150 CM CN) + 50 (CN CN) = 125

so using the equation of:
    Gene frequency = the number of a specific type of allele /
    the total number of alleles in a gene pool

= 125/500 = 0.25

0.25 x 100 = 25%

Hope this helps. I'm doing A level bio this year
    Alice

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.