Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm on the 'should not' and 'must never' lists for donating blood. I would have done though.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the 'should not' is due to recieving blood since 1st Jan 1980, so I wouldn't be here without a blood donor. Of course I encourage anybody who can give blood to go out and do it! I'm still an organ donor for everything, and I plan do donate my whole body to science/medicine when I die, so I guess that makes up for it.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Blood.co.uk says 6 months :s
    If you do the interactive quiz it says 4 months, and I received a donor health check form through the post yesterday that also says months.

ReputationRep:
    I'm an organ donor already, but I'll sign up to give blood on my seventeenth birthday : )

ReputationRep:
    I have donated blood and hope to do again soon..
    My blood type is rare and is always in demand, so I always have people calling me for blood...
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Juno)
    If you do the interactive quiz it says 4 months, and I received a donor health check form through the post yesterday that also says months.
    Awesome i'll donate april 11th
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Awesome i'll donate april 11th
    Last time they changed it the site was slow to update. I think 4 months is a strange amount of time, but piercings and tattoos are becoming more common so I guess they're excluding lots of people.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Juno)
    Last time they changed it the site was slow to update. I think 4 months is a strange amount of time, but piercings and tattoos are becoming more common so I guess they're excluding lots of people.
    I wish scotland would lower it from a year!

ReputationRep:
    Can you not donate blood in england? do they share records?

ReputationRep:
    Haven't yet but would be happy to do so and probably will at some stage. My view is, if you can help a good cause in any way with no real damage to yourself, you should probably do it. We should all do our bit to make the world a better, more civilised place.

ReputationRep:
    stop being a pussy and go donate.
    jeez kids these days scared of everything, can't do anything
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    It does seem a bit crazy that you can just hop over the border and donate!
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Ich Dien)
    Can you not donate blood in england? do they share records?
    I will do, but I'll have to do a whole lotta form filling in again (they don't share blood stocks or anything!)

(Original post by Juno)
    It does seem a bit crazy that you can just hop over the border and donate!
    I know! I was hoping to just keep my blood donations to Scotland (they have a really nice drop in centre in Glasgow with a marble entrance hall, nurses who are used to me bursting into tears at the sight of needles etc.) but I guess I'll have to do one in England, get my piercings and tattoo, do another two in England then go back to Scotland!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.