Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically my parents divorced when I was 8, but stayed living together. But recently my dad very suddenly moved out. I'm staying with my mum still i finish school for convenience sake but once I start uni I don't know what I should do. I am really close to both parents and I don't want to hurt either of them by choosing.

Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Once you start uni.. you'll be living at uni?..

ReputationRep:
    Well you'll be living at uni for the majority of the time so it's not that much of an issue? Just see them alternately in the holidays. Tbh it's unusual for people to get divorced and continue to live in the same house.

ReputationRep:
    Well live with whoever is better for you to live with (?). I live with my mom because all of my stuff has always been here; when my parents got divorced my dad moved out so it was easier for me to stay with mom. Dad still comes and visits and stuff though.

Once you're at the university you'll be living there though so youwon't have to worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    You could find your own place? For tha majority of the time, you can live in halls, but student houses are very cheap and have bills included.

ReputationRep:
    Well as long as you stay with your mum, you're not offending your dad I don't think because it's a lot of work and effort for you to move, so you're staying for convenience's sake

When you go to uni, the best thing would be to stay with whoever is more convenient for you but visit the other parent often as well. this might not work because of some peoples' personalities, so just stay with the parent who you think needs you more and wouldn't understand you living with the other

ReputationRep:
    I won't be staying at uni because I can't afford it Other-wise I wouldn't have the problem

Honeybee, my family is the epitome of unusual :P haha

My dads house is closer to the uni. I think I need to stay with my mum tough because she works really late hours and my little sister can't be alone that late at night...............

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JJx)
    I won't be staying at uni because I can't afford it Other-wise I wouldn't have the problem

Honeybee, my family is the epitome of unusual :P haha

My dads house is closer to the uni. I think I need to stay with my mum tough because she works really late hours and my little sister can't be alone that late at night...............
    Problem solved then! If your mum wants you to stay with her to look after your sister (bit unfair but still...) then you have a reason to stay there. Otherwise you could live with your dad as it's nearer to uni. Do you actually have a preference either way?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.