Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ratio - 2.5 - 1

Nerve impluse conc - *** 0 0 - can't remember the first figure

Cycles essay; - half way down my sixth page

- Oestrogen,
    - Cardiac cycle - including haemoglobin, blood vessel adaptions, names of blood vessels, double system etc,
    , Cycling of tRNA in translation,
    Muscle contraction,
    cholinergenic cycling Acetylcholinesterase etc,,,
    , Nitogren cycle
    , Neurones - receptor - sensory etc...

ReputationRep:
    I don't think the paper was that bad to be honest. There will always be people moaning. The question on DNA was a God-send as it's relevant to basically half of Unit 5, and the main questions were relevant to the specification and were one to two mark questions only for the most part (with the exception of the one or two three-mark questions and the last four-mark one). To those who missed going over the cycles in the last Unit 4 paper, they're in here, which helps if you revised for that (which I didn't). I'm hoping for a B at least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benevolence)
    Ratio - 2.5 - 1

Nerve impluse conc - *** 0 0 - can't remember the first figure

Cycles essay; - half way down my sixth page

- Oestrogen,
    - Cardiac cycle - including haemoglobin, blood vessel adaptions, names of blood vessels, double system etc,
    , Cycling of tRNA in translation,
    Muscle contraction,
    cholinergenic cycling Acetylcholinesterase etc,,,
    , Nitogren cycle
    , Neurones - receptor - sensory etc...
    For the ratio question could you say 50:10? It only asked for a ratio as far as I remember, not the simplest ratio possible?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heather04)
    It showed a plasmid they'd put DNA in I think and then used to restriction enzymes to digest it.. That was so complicated, some people in my exam left that double page blank :|
    I almost left those pages blank. I did the essay (three and a half pages) on "DNA in science and technology" first and then went back to that question. I didn't really understand what they were asking.

I got 5:1 for that other question but I didn't write it on the dotted line. I hope I don't lose a mark for that. I also got 100 0 0. The first curve was at its maximum point. That's 100%, right? :confused:

So much module content left out. Muscles, myosin, actin, tropomyosin, sarcomeres, I-bands, A-bands, H-zones, Z-lines, neurones, action potentials, sodium and potassium ions, hyperpolarisation, nodes of ranvier, myelin sheaths, taxes, kinesis, tropisms, sympathetic and parasympathetic nerves, the eye.

All the stuff I like.

ReputationRep:
    Ill be up at 6am of results day to login into UCAS to see if Ive been accepted by my uni
    Anyone else doing this or just going straight to see their results first?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woods.vanessa)
    Ill be up at 6am of results day to login into UCAS to see if Ive been accepted by my uni
    Anyone else doing this or just going straight to see their results first?
    THIS! Only like 00:01 in the morning

I can picture it now

F5........F5.........F5......... F5......

ReputationRep:
    OH MY GOD! That was SOOOOO easy. Cambridge here i come, raaa!
    Loved every minute of it.
    Thankyou very much, goodnight, much love xxx

ReputationRep:
    What did people get for positive feedback between LH and oestrogen? I thought in the oestrous cycle the only positive feedback was between oestrogen and FSH?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ke200)
    I don't think the paper was that bad to be honest. There will always be people moaning. The question on DNA was a God-send as it's relevant to basically half of Unit 5, and the main questions were relevant to the specification and were one to two mark questions only for the most part (with the exception of the one or two three-mark questions and the last four-mark one). To those who missed going over the cycles in the last Unit 4 paper, they're in here, which helps if you revised for that (which I didn't). I'm hoping for a B at least.
    Yeah! This exactly why I didn't do it. Everyone was.

ReputationRep:
    Hahahaa thanks AQA, i actually WANTED to go to uni....
    WHY? WHY? WHY? SiRNA?! what was up with question 5... it may as well be written in spanish or french!

ReputationRep:
    completely failed biology. i so won't be going to uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smartie77)
    I almost left those pages blank. I did the essay (three and a half pages) on "DNA in science and technology" first and then went back to that question. I didn't really understand what they were asking.

I got 5:1 for that other question but I didn't write it on the dotted line. I hope I don't lose a mark for that. I also got 100 0 0. The first curve was at its maximum point. That's 100%, right? :confused:

So much module content left out. Muscles, myosin, actin, tropomyosin, sarcomeres, I-bands, A-bands, H-zones, Z-lines, neurones, action potentials, sodium and potassium ions, hyperpolarisation, nodes of ranvier, myelin sheaths, taxes, kinesis, tropisms, sympathetic and parasympathetic nerves, the eye.

All the stuff I like.
    The concentration question - didn't it say out of the total present? So wouldn't it be 0.8/0.8+0.2 x 100 = 80%? There was a bit of concentration of the other one present too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ke200)
    The concentration question - didn't it say out of the total present? So wouldn't it be 0.8/0.8+0.2 x 100 = 80%? There was a bit of concentration of the other one present too.
    Yes! I put 80% also.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UCAS.LOVER)
    It was 2 our of 8. It was definitely 75%
    Nah, 80%. It was 8 units and 2 units of the other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cheddar)
    What did people get for positive feedback between LH and oestrogen? I thought in the oestrous cycle the only positive feedback was between oestrogen and FSH?
    I put low conc of Oestrogen Inhibits production of BOTH FSH AND LH (negative feedback)
    but high concentration will cause a positive feedback, hence more LH will be produced.

ReputationRep:
    why was the iguana panting??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khattnip)

I can picture it now

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...on_results_day

I'd be doing the exact same, but then I found out that it might be worth geting some sleep because results are published @8AM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teddyWS)
    why was the iguana panting??
    Using up Heat to evaporate water
    reducing body temp ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khattnip)

I can picture it now

LOL exactly this!
    Although I hear it crashes often so you might not find out till about 7am. At least it tells you if you need to buy the Independent paper or not!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cheddar)
    I wrote something like:
    as the concentration of oestrogen increased, it stimulates the pituitary to release more LH, which acts on the corpus luteum to release even more oestrogen, which stimulates LH. this means a deviation from the normal is detected an exaggerated, hence, a positive feedback
    i just completely guessed

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 22, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.