Turn on thread page Beta

AQA BIOL5 Biology Unit 5 Exam - 22nd June 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    12.91%
    NO!
    87.09%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnsoloman)
    Hey,
    Does anyone have the AQA A2 Biology Unit 5 Jan 2011 paper and markscheme??
    Thanks
    I didn't think they did the exam in january? Correct me if i'm wrong but I think we only have last june's paper and the specimen to go by!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student777)
    I didn't think they did the exam in january? Correct me if i'm wrong but I think we only have last june's paper and the specimen to go by!
    Oh really! Thanks i never knew
    But thanks once again, unfortuantely not a lot of papers for practice is there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazii)
    There's a link that was posted in this thread before : http://www.mediafire.com/file/ynzizz...%20Biology.rar

There's over 300 questions that you can practice from
    Hi, Could you PM me the questions as well, please

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    Oooh. Those questions from page nine are really good ^-^

Has anyone got any revision tips? I'm REALLY un-motivated to revise. /:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by slapyoself)
    So far I have revised 4 out of 8 topics (1st time around.)
    Overall Im finding it pretty difficult because there is tons to memorise.
    How are all of you finding revision and how far are you.
    Essay question is a killer!
    I have revised all the topics, although I cannot remember the lines and zones in the sarcomere. I know nothing about the menstrual cycle because I missed the 1 lesson we spent on it, and we have not been taught anything about cystic fibrosis :/

Going well so far!

ReputationRep:
    i've barely done anything so far, feel really bad bout it, i'm kinda freaking out about the essay aswell, does anyone have a big list of mark schemes for all the different titles there has been, if so it would be really helpful to me, thank you

i don't think we got taught anything about cystic fibrosis either:/

ReputationRep:
    hey, i am seriously dreading the essay, i was just wondering if anyone had a big list of mark schemes for different essays, thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramin Gorji)
    Whats a sense strand? I use the AQA text book and never remember them mentioning such thing??
    It's not relevant to the specification, so I wouldn't worry about it.

A lot of people spend too much time focusing on material which is not relevant guys! If you are extremely bright and have all the necessary information internalised and want to add some bonus material then fair enough, but don't waste time on material that isn't needed if you are looking for a B or below (and even an A really...)
    That's why I like revision guides so much, everything you need to know without all the unnecessary content which just throws tends to throw me off course and dazzle me with all the new contexts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethalex)
    hey, i am seriously dreading the essay, i was just wondering if anyone had a big list of mark schemes for different essays, thank you
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/AQA-A2-Biolo...7013271&sr=8-1 This book has been a saviour! It states all the synoptic content that you should cover, it explains how to write the essays and what examiners are looking for and it has around 25 (??) practice essays and answers.

I think if people want, I'll post up the synoptic content list later on, so people know exactly what is required to learn.
    I may also post a few essay questions up.

But now, this thread has given me a bit of a shake up! I need to get revising... D:

Oh... is anyone else finding it quite hard knowing how detailed the essay content should be? I don't really know when to stop, i you know what I mean, like how much is enough. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsCrackFox)
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/AQA-A2-Biolo...7013271&sr=8-1 This book has been a saviour! It states all the synoptic content that you should cover, it explains how to write the essays and what examiners are looking for and it has around 25 (??) practice essays and answers.

I think if people want, I'll post up the synoptic content list later on, so people know exactly what is required to learn.

But now, this thread has given me a bit of a shake up! I need to get revising... D:

Oh... is anyone else finding it quite hard knowing how detailed the essay content should be? I don't really know when to stop, i you know what I mean, like how much is enough. :dontknow:
    My Biology teacher said, make 4/5 strong points i did exactly that on my mock and got 21. He also said try and make sure its relevant so a plan is always best with a spider digram of the key concepts associated the question.

ReputationRep:
    Just doing the coordination stuff, fairly straightforward...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazii)
    Just realised it's expired. Soreeh.

Yu can inbox me your email address; and I can email it to you.
    Please could you email it to me aswell if you get the chance. Thankyou!

ReputationRep:

Thank you for that book! Also, I know; getting the breadth/depth trade-off right is going to be pretty tricky...

ReputationRep:

It's understandable if you don't want to seeing as you paid money for it and all, but would you mind posting one or two answers to some essay questions? I just want to see what they consider an optimum answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teva)
    Please could you email it to me aswell if you get the chance. Thankyou!
    Sure; Just gimme yur email address and I'll send it to yu. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if anyone has posted anything like this but here are some condensed notes I made. Hope they're helpful (If there is already notes then just let me know and I'll take these down)
    They're not perfect so if there's anything I missed out or anything like that let me know

I'll add the notes on genes as soon as I'm done with them.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf BIOL5 Revision Notes (Response).pdf (303.5 KB, 930 views)
  2. File Type: pdf BIOL5 Revision Notes (Coordination).pdf (506.2 KB, 1043 views)
  3. File Type: pdf BIOL5 Revision Notes (Muscle and Movement).pdf (164.3 KB, 585 views)
  4. File Type: pdf BIOL5 Revision Notes (Chemicals in control).pdf (72.5 KB, 701 views)
  5. File Type: pdf BIOL5 Revision Notes (How genes work and their control).pdf (87.6 KB, 864 views)
  6. File Type: pdf BIOL5 Revision Notes (Gene Cloning and Gene Transfer).pdf (78.8 KB, 961 views)
  7. File Type: pdf BIOL5 Revision Notes (Making use of Gene Cloning and DNA Analysis).pdf (88.0 KB, 662 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parallal)
    I don't know if anyone has posted anything like this but here are some condensed notes I made. Hope they're helpful (If there is already notes then just let me know and I'll take these down)
    They're not perfect so if there's anything I missed out or anything like that let me know

Wikeed; Could yu upload the rest of the topics please ?
    xx

ReputationRep:

Those notes are REALLY good! thanksss x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazii)
    Wikeed; Could yu upload the rest of the topics please ?
    xx
    I will as soon as I've finished them. Probably sometime tomorrow morning.

ReputationRep:
    I will as soon as I've finished them. Probably sometime tomorrow morning.
    your notes are really good thanks for sharing.

Really stressed out about biol5..so much to learn and remember. And the essay !! it feels like a whole exam paper in itself... On top of everything biol5 is on the same day as S2 exam .

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 22, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.