Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA BIOL5 Biology Unit 5 Exam - 22nd June 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    12.91%
    NO!
    87.09%

ReputationRep:
    unofficial mark scheme anyone?

ReputationRep:
    How did people find it? I thought it was an absolutely terrible paper! WTF was up with the questions!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yora22)
    How did people find it? I thought it was an absolutely terrible paper! WTF was up with the questions!?
    I thought it was okay...but there were some questions that I was a bit like huh :s ?? I didnt know what they were asking sometimes....about 5/6 questions were like that?? The rest was okay I think!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahTM)
    *interrupts*
    Psychology is pretty crap too
    I must contend with you on this - (for me) Psychology is AQA's ONE saving grace

they are still *&^$%^&* though!

ReputationRep:
    Most people have done so much for the essay! I did my two and a half pages then chilled for 10 minutes.

Pretty normal paper I'd say...by AQA's standards that is. Which is pretty ****ing ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    Found the paper alright, didn't find it as bad as June 2010 but we'll have to wait and see :P Annoyed there was nothing on nerve impulses as that along with the synapse mechanism could have been around 12-13 marks worth or questions. Weird questions though, seemed to be a lot of application of principles rather than straight forward answers

ReputationRep:
    how many cuts did the restriction endonuclease make? i put 3 because it was a plasmid but some people said it was 2 afterwards?

ReputationRep:
    Iiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttssssssss ssss over!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ed2525)
    how many cuts did the restriction endonuclease make? i put 3 because it was a plasmid but some people said it was 2 afterwards?
    It was 2 :\
    Why are biology papers always so irrelevant to the things we "think" we need to know ?

ReputationRep:
    did anyone remember the question where it same someone where the wording was off. like "how do..... ...cause differently?"

ReputationRep:
    How are different proteins produced from one protein, could u write anything about gene expression?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llamalad200)
    did anyone remember the question where it same someone where the wording was off. like "how do..... ...cause differently?"
    Yes! the one about chemical mediators and hormones?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kill312)
    How are different proteins produced from one protein, could u write anything about gene expression?
    Depending on:
    What the primary structure is?
    Where the Hydrogen/Disulphide/Ionic bonds are --> Determines tertiary structure?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamest92)
    Aww yeah :cool: mines better though
    Yeah :'D
    Being this age, it sucks being the youngest :'D
    Though when we're moaning about reaching sixty, you'll be older first ;]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ApplePi)
    Yes! the one about chemical mediators and hormones?
    yeah! i swear it didn't quite make sense, i had to say it over and over in my head.

ReputationRep:
    I think i put something about how the larva tissue (protein) was broken down by hydrolysis and that the resulting amino acids would have been assimilated into a different order during transcription, to produce a different protein (tissue) present in the pupa.

ReputationRep:
    What were the volumes of gastric juice?!?

ReputationRep:
    What did people say about using volume per g per hour on that iguana question?
    I put because all the different iguanas are different sizes and will therefore take in varying amounts of oxygen as they have different respiration rates, so it allows for comparison....

ReputationRep:
    100%, 0%, 0% i put, i wasn't sure i had understood the question though :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StevenP123)
    It was 2 :\
    Why are biology papers always so irrelevant to the things we "think" we need to know ?
    If it's a plasmid won't it be 3. I put 2 but later realised it will be two if it's a straight fragment only.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.