Turn on thread page Beta

AQA BIOL5 Biology Unit 5 Exam - 22nd June 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    12.91%
    NO!
    87.09%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jin3011)
    B yup, boundaries for a B was about 55 raw marks I think.
    Wow, I hope they are lower this time round. Really wish I get in to uni. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazin_sk8a_dude)
    Wow, I hope they are lower this time round. Really wish I get in to uni. Thanks.
    I hope you get into uni as well
    ~But this exam was just stupid. Simple as:cool:

ReputationRep:
    come on guys it wasnt that bad, when we all came out the exam no one said it was easy or hard, i reckon grade boundaries will be a fraction higher than last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milk <3)
    come on guys it wasnt that bad, when we all came out the exam no one said it was easy or hard, i reckon grade boundaries will be a fraction higher than last year
    its funny how everyone on this thread thought it was hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samzurai)
    55% was a B last year and the exam was slightly easier than this one so i think you should get at least 98ums if you did indeed get 50% raw
    you think the exam was easier than this year's? what?! O.O
    @[email protected]

ReputationRep:
    The chief examiner of biology did a talk at my school a few weeks ago and he said that this exam is harder than last years and provisionally an A would be 56 marks. It is lovely and low so don't worry about uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clairen886)
    The chief examiner of biology did a talk at my school a few weeks ago and he said that this exam is harder than last years and provisionally an A would be 56 marks. It is lovely and low so don't worry about uni

^..^..^..^ Brill!

ReputationRep:
    the chief examiner of biology did a talk at my school a few weeks ago and he said that this exam is harder than last years and provisionally an a would be 56 marks. It is lovely and low so don't worry about uni
    awesome :d

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by choc1234)
    its funny how everyone on this thread thought it was hard
    thats because everyone on this thread is on this thread to have a post-mortem of the exam because they found it hard whilst those who found it easy didnt bother and are stress free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milk <3)
    thats because everyone on this thread is on this thread to have a post-mortem of the exam because they found it hard whilst those who found it easy didnt bother and are stress free
    so.. why are you here again?

ReputationRep:
    what else did he say, if anything, about this exam?

thanks for sharing that with us!

ReputationRep:
    aw yay!
    glad to know ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zakir)
    what else did he say, if anything, about this exam?

thanks for sharing that with us!
    Thats ok, I know I would be stressing if I didn't know the boundaries were low
    The only other thing he said was that there would be a question about an animal we hadn't heard of, I guess he was referring to the pupa question.

ReputationRep:
    Thats ok, I know I would be stressing if I didn't know the boundaries were low
    The only other thing he said was that there would be a question about an animal we hadn't heard of, I guess he was referring to the pupa question.
    lol yup im sure he he meant the pupa question lol...

anyways, low grade boundaries makes me feel A BIT better...but guess thats better than knowing nothing!

ReputationRep:
    seriously? Thanks, you have just made my summer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zakir)
    lol yup im sure he he meant the pupa question lol...

anyways, low grade boundaries makes me feel A BIT better...but guess thats better than knowing nothing!
    I am sure you will do well What are you going to study next year and what grades do you need?

ReputationRep:
    I am sure you will do well What are you going to study next year and what grades do you need?
    Hoping to study optometry, i need and A bt im pretty sure i'l b ot with a B.

ReputationRep:
    i think that the grade boundaries will be slightly below 56 for an A im guessing 53 for an A

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for that. Best news I've heard all week.

Biology exams with AQA are basically an example of directional selection in action. Those with phenotypes for applying their knowledge are selected for, while those without are selected against. Over time, the population shifts in the direction of these lucky individuals; the frequency of the HSW allele increases and the population of biology students therefore get better at answering HSW questions (or so AQA would hope :rolleyes:).

ReputationRep:
    if this is true, I ABSOLUTLEY LOVE YOU! as i actually have a chance of getting an A haha!
    lets hope it is around 56 or lower for an A

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 22, 2016

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.