Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

AQA BIOL5 Biology Unit 5 Exam - 22nd June 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    12.91%
    NO!
    87.09%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dgr8888)
    I think I will hardly get 40 marks if I am lucky I cried so much after this exam because I need a B overall and can't get it now.....
    SAMEEEE! i also needed a B - not even a low B like a middle B and i dont think ive got that at all! life ruiner that exam was u probably have more marks than you think because sometimesyou dont remember some of the questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by choc1234)
    SAMEEEE! i also needed a B - not even a low B like a middle B and i dont think ive got that at all! life ruiner that exam was u probably have more marks than you think because sometimesyou dont remember some of the questions
    No I don't think so....I only got marks in question 1 and siRNA question....I think I lost all the marks in pupa's question and the rest was like...you can say I got 2 marks average on each question and the essay was okay...I think I will get around 15-18 marks there.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dgr8888)
    No I don't think so....I only got marks in question 1 and siRNA question....I think I lost all the marks in pupa's question and the rest was like...you can say I got 2 marks average on each question and the essay was okay...I think I will get around 15-18 marks there.....
    we just have to hope for the best ! you can look at the q's i posted earlier to remind yourself!

ReputationRep:
    we just have to hope for the best ! you can look at the q's i posted earlier to remind yourself!
    I don't wanna remind myself for any ques because I don't wanna be sad again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hahaff)
    even though i did the dna essay i think you shud get high marks out of scientific content which is out of 16
    the rest depends on how you wrote the essay and was the essay relevant
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    i ****ing hate you aqa!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by empop92)
    i ****ing hate you aqa!
    sameee! this exam is giving me nightmares EVERYDAY?!!!
    do you deffo reckon lower grade boundaries yeah?:fluffy:

ReputationRep:
    sameee! this exam is giving me nightmares EVERYDAY?!!!
    do you deffo reckon lower grade boundaries yeah?:fluffy:
    haha same i've had so many nightmares about results day in which i've missed by grade in biology! well it was 62 for an A last year and that paper was a nice one i think! this paper was horrible and i think they will definatly be low! a unit 4 paper was once 38 marks (might be a mark of so out) for an A when they are usually much higher so lowering the grade boundries on a hard paper does happen!!

ReputationRep:
    haha same i've had so many nightmares about results day in which i've missed by grade in biology! well it was 62 for an A last year and that paper was a nice one i think! this paper was horrible and i think they will definatly be low! a unit 4 paper was once 38 marks (might be a mark of so out) for an A when they are usually much higher so lowering the grade boundries on a hard paper does happen!!
    i hope its around 55 raw marks for an A so baddd! what mark do you think you got? did u read my earlier post on the questrions? what do u think?

ReputationRep:
    i hope its around 55 raw marks for an A so baddd! what mark do you think you got? did u read my earlier post on the questrions? what do u think?
    well it was 62 last year i think so it could well be around the 55 mark! i need a high C to get my A but i don't think i've even got that! which essay did you do? I did cycles and i think that went well but the exam was awful! i got an A* on my mock so was feeling confident for it but literally came out shaking ha! really messed up the questions! I can't remember all the questions sorry but what you wrote seemed pretty good to me
    i'm still kicking myself cus i got the first 2 marker wrong as i changed it last minute :mad: damnnn exams! so weird what the wait for results does to you, i'm still obsessing about exams i have no control of :P

ReputationRep:
    well it was 62 last year i think so it could well be around the 55 mark! i need a high C to get my A but i don't think i've even got that! which essay did you do? I did cycles and i think that went well but the exam was awful! i got an A* on my mock so was feeling confident for it but literally came out shaking ha! really messed up the questions! I can't remember all the questions sorry but what you wrote seemed pretty good to me
    i'm still kicking myself cus i got the first 2 marker wrong as i changed it last minute :mad: damnnn exams! so weird what the wait for results does to you, i'm still obsessing about exams i have no control of :P
    haha i know how u feel! i needed a low B but i really really doubt ive got that ! im kicking myself about sososo many questions! and i need an A in this or no uni for mee ! i also did the cycles essay which went quite well but i didnt realte to the wierd sentence in the actual title so im guessing i lose relevance marks right? otherwise i tried to write as much as i could. some people i know found it easier but lets hope the grade boundaries do get lower! with last years grade boundaries theres no chance of me getting an A

ReputationRep:
    Oh gosh I've been having nightmares also, glad I'm not alone. Its been like two nights in a row now and they all seem so real I hate it. I actually had a dream that I did get an A but I don't believe it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cheddar)
    Oh gosh I've been having nightmares also, glad I'm not alone. Its been like two nights in a row now and they all seem so real I hate it. I actually had a dream that I did get an A but I don't believe it
    hey samee ! what did u need in this module? do u think grade boundaries wil be lower?

ReputationRep:
    hey samee ! what did u need in this module? do u think grade boundaries wil be lower?
    I need exactly 80% which is I think 112 UMS but I just cannot see that happening. I also think the grade boundaries will be higher although I really hope I'm wrong, I think it may be about 2 or 3 marks higher so no good for me What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cheddar)
    I need exactly 80% which is I think 112 UMS but I just cannot see that happening. I also think the grade boundaries will be higher although I really hope I'm wrong, I think it may be about 2 or 3 marks higher so no good for me What about you?
    i need 107 ums but i think the grade boundaries will be lower. because someone sed that the chief examiner said that it may be 56 for an A . but knowing aqa a B could be 53 for all we know.

this exam depends on if i go to uni this year or not

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually desperate to know what the grade boundaries are. This exam is ruining my holiday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehsponge)
    I'm actually desperate to know what the grade boundaries are. This exam is ruining my holiday.
    me too
    the grade boundaries for jan exams was released a day before results day in march
    so i guess we will find out on 17 august
    im guessing 56-A(according to a post on tsr)
    50-b
    44-c
    38-d
    32-e

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehsponge)
    OMG totally ! my whole life depends on this exam! do u reckon they will definitely be lower or is there a slight chance of them being higher - if so im screwed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hahaff)
    me too
    the grade boundaries for jan exams was released a day before results day in march
    so i guess we will find out on 17 august
    im guessing 56-A(according to a post on tsr)
    50-b
    44-c
    38-d
    32-e
    i hope soo!! i just hope their lower and we have a nice examiner to mark the essay!

ReputationRep:
    OMG totally ! my whole life depends on this exam! do u reckon they will definitely be lower or is there a slight chance of them being higher - if so im screwed
    I have no idea, it was a brutal paper, so I think it will be lower. If its not lower than about 55 marks for an A then I'm screwed. They really need to improve their exam papers.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 22, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.