The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL5 Biology Unit 5 Exam - 22nd June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ezeffy
Well I was hoping for a B
My overal UMS is 387and 420 is needed for a B unit 5 brought my whole grade down......
I presume AQA have never got a persons mark sooo wrong be4 by lyk 30-40 UMS so maybe I should leave it.....
Thanks for the maths compliment...... I wish u could say the same for my Biology grade..... lol.......
I just really wish their was a way of checking if that E really is an E...... without the need for the remark which could possibly mean a lower mark for me.....
Good luck to you as well.... I hope ur Mark/grade changes......

mine is 39 UMS out lol hopefully if it goes up a grade I can get my money back, but 39UMS is a bit much, i'm hoping, praying and meditating it was a serious slip of the fingers on EEE should have been AAA lol. i've done all kinds of research on people re-taking and i havent come across anyone who's dropped 3 grades like me. I knew the stuff inside out but hey I have always been different, but we'll see. i'm still feeling gutted, hopeless and a failiure so hey cant get any worse. makes me laugh when the admins staff grilled me to say, you do know your results can go down too!! mmm they're right i'd never considered I could get worse than my D grade :colone: oh well here goes it should be back before the 31st and i wont need to write on TSR if its a fault you'll be able to hear me shout for joy :biggrin: hope all turns out well for you too in whatever you decide xxx
Reply 3681
Thankyou DeniseWossey and thankyou Betsss....
You are not a failure Biology is just some next subject... I kinda regret picking it now.....
But if ur grade does change let me know yh...
and if any of u two know a subject where I can combine Maths with Chemistry with a hope of doing Medicine let me know cuz atm Biomedical science has Biology init and even though I find Biology interesting I'm not good at it....
Good Luck to you..... I hope ur mark goes up
I got an A in unit 4, and an E in unit 5, I hate biology
Reply 3683
I got an A i unit 4 and a C in Unit 5.... made up ahhahaa!!

Got a C overall.
I was expecting like 80 UMS after checking the grade boundaries but got 119. I was ecstatic!
Unbelievably, this was the highest score I had ever gotten in any of my biology modules. I think they may have got the wrong results.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by amazin_sk8a_dude
I was expecting like 80 UMS after checking the grade boundaries but got 119. I was ecstatic!
Unbelievably, this was the highest score I had ever gotten in any of my biology modules. I think they may have got the wrong results.

Lol! I know how you feel! I thought unit 4 went amazingly well in January and got 76 which was a b. Then when the boundaries fir unit 5 came out I spent the whole day crying because I thought I'd failed it! I got 133!!! Soooooo surprised but I'm not complaining! Well done on your Mark too!:biggrin:
Original post by ezeffy
Well I was hoping for a B
My overal UMS is 387and 420 is needed for a B unit 5 brought my whole grade down......
I presume AQA have never got a persons mark sooo wrong be4 by lyk 30-40 UMS so maybe I should leave it.....
Thanks for the maths compliment...... I wish u could say the same for my Biology grade..... lol.......
I just really wish their was a way of checking if that E really is an E...... without the need for the remark which could possibly mean a lower mark for me.....
Good luck to you as well.... I hope ur Mark/grade changes......

got my remark back and went up 11 UMS to grade B so i'm happy. did you make any decisions on yours?:biggrin:
ur unit 5 exam paper went up by 11 ums? or other units included aswell?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3688
Original post by denisewoosey
got my remark back and went up 11 UMS to grade B so i'm happy. did you make any decisions on yours?:biggrin:

:O Really???
Well Done I'm really Pleased for you
But I thought U sed that u was 39 marks of a B overall???
Was it just the unit 5 u remarked???
I was gonna recall my paper back and look it over with a teacher first....
Last date 4 a remark is 30th Of September so still got some tym.....
Well Done again.... I think I can here ur screams... LOL!!!!!
Reply 3689
Admittedly delayed but I don't care.

138 UMS. Boom. :smile:
Reply 3690
I got an A on this exam and I have NO idea how...
Does anyone know roughly when mark schemes for the unit 4 and 5 we did will come out?
does anyone know when the AQA remark deadline is?

do you know when the AQA remark deadline is?
131. Sooooo chuffed after all that work. :3

was this for unit 5? @.@
I was 1 UMS from an A*. I got 131/140 - 132/140 would be my A* Does anyone think I should get the remark? How likely is it to go up? :biggrin:
Reply 3697
Original post by Benevolence
I was 1 UMS from an A*. I got 131/140 - 132/140 would be my A* Does anyone think I should get the remark? How likely is it to go up? :biggrin:

what's the point? presumably you're into uni so once you have your degree a levels are pretty much redundant
Original post by Benevolence

Exactly the same for me :/
Original post by whalley1234
Exactly the same for me :/

Hey! Did you have yours remarked then? What happened? I paid for mine the other day :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending