Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I am feeling very down, low, insecure and jealous. This could end up being a long post
    Basically i come from a very different family background. We are normal but my mum is old fashioned and i have a father but he is ill so he is there but not there if you know wt i mean. I lived away from my parents for 12 years and now i am living with them and i am getting on okay... they actually make me so happy and all even though i miss father daughter bond but knowing he is there is all that matters...

I am in uni now final year and up until now i didn't feel like this but now i do see this happening a lot.. (I am not from uk and most of my friends are) They know this so its okay however they still think i am weird but because i am from a abroad but they way i act behave and speak. (i always end up saying wrong stuff and act so weird for some reason.... its like i want things to go certain way and they don't and when someone says something i am so fuzzled and have nothing to say and people comment saying weirdo.. So recently i have stopped going out and all that because it hurts me so much. People talk about families and father and all and i stay quiet because i have nothing common with them:mad: I feel lonely... i talk to my mother but she never understands...! she always says once uni is over my friends wont even contact me which she probably could be right as my home town is 200 miles away from uni.
    I have never had boyfriend, m in 22 and i am even scared to have one because what if he ends up breaking my heart as guys this days only look for sex and i am a person who believes in sex after marriage.
    I liked my flatmate though i am very shy so i think he didn't seem interested so i got over that and enjoyed my life... BUT today my friend (who doesn't even talk to me) added him and wrote on he's wall and i am getting JEALOUS. i don't know why but its like that was my chance but now i have lost it... i am pretty lookwise its just the way i speak... i have no charm in that and so i always end up loosing it.. if u what i mean! My friend has a really nice way of talking and she always gets attention (and doesn't even look she's trying hard) but when i try people can see straight away and i get blanked. I am so boring because i can't talk and no one likes me All this is playing up in my head and i just don't know what to do I have final year exams in a month and i cannot revise because going on facebook reminds me what i could have but not having that all
    I hope this is the right place to come

ReputationRep:
    So much sad faces

I don't really have any advice sorry.

ReputationRep:
    All I can suggest right now, is to listen to your favourite music. An album just came out that I've been waiting for for AGES and I've just been buzzing... music works.

(Original post by insignificant)
    All I can suggest right now, is to listen to your favourite music. An album just came out that I've been waiting for for AGES and I've just been buzzing... music works.
    What is the album called?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insignificant)
    Is this perhaps the new Foo Fighters album that's just been streamed via their site?

No advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What is the album called?

(Original post by MJHERBZ)
    Is this perhaps the new Foo Fighters album that's just been streamed via their site?
    Sorry no it isn't! It's Katy B's new album... hasn't technically come out yet.. but I found her voice so soothing and easy to just lose my self in the music..

ReputationRep:
    Also OP.. you need to be really really strong right now. Don't torture yourself on Facebook. It's just a website and not a true representation of peoples lives. Focus on YOU. Revise like crazy for your final exams and get that degree that you deserve. Then you need a break. If you have enough money for a flight ticket to somewhere you want to go, then go. Find a job there, and just immerse yourself there. You can them come back here or where you are from abroad or wherever and things will be better with your family.. having a break from people you see regularly will refresh things.

Dont worry about having a boyfriend. It's not necessary to survival, and I think you need to work on yourself first before you can love someone else.

ReputationRep:
    Aww, you sound like a sweet person to meet!

"I have never had boyfriend, m in 22 and i am even scared to have one because what if he ends up breaking my heart as guys this days only look for sex and i am a person who believes in sex after marriage."

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Don't worry, there are alot of people at your age who haven't had a boyfriend/girlfriend yet! You shouldn't think about it too much, one day a guy will come along. Go out and have fun! There's always people that are worse of than you with the family, me for example haha. Smile and be happy that's the key to a good life. The hardest things in life are not all the bad situations, but patience.

ReputationRep:
    You're in your final year, if you graduate with a 1st class honours degree/upper second class, the opportunities for you in life are endless. However, if these sorts of things really take a toll on you and affect your performance in your exams and you end up with a lower 2nd class honours or less, when you do get older, you will realise how silly you were writing this thread and thinking things like this. You go to uni to study, not to look for a relationship, you have your whole life for that.

(Original post by Dekota-XS)
    You're in your final year, if you graduate with a 1st class honours degree/upper second class, the opportunities for you in life are endless. However, if these sorts of things really take a toll on you and affect your performance in your exams and you end up with a lower 2nd class honours or less, when you do get older, you will realise how silly you were writing this thread and thinking things like this. You go to uni to study, not to look for a relationship, you have your whole life for that.
    You are right i should just focus on studies.. one month is enough for four exams right

(Original post by Munchies-YumYum)
    Aww, you sound like a sweet person to meet!

"I have never had boyfriend, m in 22 and i am even scared to have one because what if he ends up breaking my heart as guys this days only look for sex and i am a person who believes in sex after marriage."

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Don't worry, there are alot of people at your age who haven't had a boyfriend/girlfriend yet! You shouldn't think about it too much, one day a guy will come along. Go out and have fun! There's always people that are worse of than you with the family, me for example haha. Smile and be happy that's the key to a good life. The hardest things in life are not all the bad situations, but patience.
    You are right patience is key here and i know i can have that its just sometimes i loose temper and feel really low But thanks

Sometimes when we feel happy then should be think about "why you are happy and make yourself go upset"?
    I am having a really happy day today and i think wait do i deserve this? I get very very very excited and then jinx it all
    Is this normal?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 4, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.