Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infernalcradle)
    actually....you're completely wrong

the application works as thus....

they look at your grades to see if you meet the entry requirements.....if you do....they cease to look at your grades...

they then look at your personal statement and reference.....they are marked out of 15 by each marker.... (so total of 30)

THIS score decides if you go for interview or not

at interview....each interviewer marks you out of 15 again....this score is combined with your PS/ref score and if you meet a certain score....you get an offer
    So are ppl that get interviews early in the cycle stronger applicants than those that don't ??
    I haven't heard anything yet. Does that mean that maybe my ps was not good enough?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popsiclee67)
    Well, I take back what I said earlier, just been rejected pre-interview
    I'm really sorry to hear that ... I was so sure you'd get an interview, and from how nice you've been on this thread I really wanted you to get one.

I really wish you the best of luck for the rest of your application. xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .eXe)
    I know you're a medic but is this opinion or 100% proven fact? Not doubting you, just wondering how you know this.
    fact...this is from the admissions statement....

and also cos I'm BM6..I made sure I knew the admissions process better than they did upon application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samohamoud1)
    So are ppl that get interviews early in the cycle stronger applicants than those that don't ??
    I haven't heard anything yet. Does that mean that maybe my ps was not good enough?
    nope....it simply means you are further down in the pile of personal statements...

we have people interviewed on the last slot of the last day on the course.....

it doesn't matter when you are interviewed at all!!!!
    !!

ReputationRep:
    nope....it simply means you are further down in the pile of personal statements...

!!
    hey someone who got interviewed on my day already got an offer. am I to assume that they've given out all offers for that day's interviewees or is the entire process completely and totally random?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .eXe)
    hey someone who got interviewed on my day already got an offer. am I to assume that they've given out all offers for that day's interviewees or is the entire process completely and totally random?
    i know waiting for new is hard,but dont stress yourself out too much.Wondering or Worrying wont change anything.

ReputationRep:

!!
    Hmmm
    But someone here already has an offer

So do they hand out offers even when all interviews havent been done?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shooby_doo)
    Hmmm
    But someone here already has an offer

So do they hand out offers even when all interviews havent been done?
    guess so yeah, my interview was 3 weeks ago and a person who on my day has offer. maybe he must have had a really good interview performance

ReputationRep:

!!
    That's so good to here, I was getting worried due to all the other stressful blogs posted on this thread. Thanks for the info

ReputationRep:
    As has been said before, it'll probably be like last year where 3-5 people were given offers early, the rest are given offers near the end of march... And no, they'll never give you an offer for BM6 without an interview. At this point, no news is good news, well, obviously an offer is better news :P but be patient peeps!

ReputationRep:
    I know there are 30 places on the BM6 course, but how many offers do they give out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jcb123)
    I know there are 30 places on the BM6 course, but how many offers do they give out?
    Not enough. lol
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    around 50 offers

ReputationRep:
    i have no idea

but i went to an open day at a different medschool and they said that roughly they give out 10% more offers than they have places.

Incase people miss threir offers..they would still have enough people.

but uni's risk getting fined if they have too many students

ReputationRep:
    Just got some info off someone who phoned Soton: 772 applicants, 130 interviews, 50 offers, 30 places.

P.s. the girl spoke to the admissions team so I assume what she told me is true.

ReputationRep:
    50 offers? Really? I thought it was only about 35?

ReputationRep:
    so i had an interview today...i spoke quite fast and my hand was shaking...which the interviewer noticed and smiled at me...i have completely ruined my chances?
    i was nervous (OTT)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mashalli)
    so i had an interview today...i spoke quite fast and my hand was shaking...which the interviewer noticed and smiled at me...i have completely ruined my chances?
    i was nervous (OTT)
    Not at all! - everyone feels nervous. I said some rather strange things in my interview... I blame the nerves.

ReputationRep:
    Not at all! - everyone feels nervous. I said some rather strange things in my interview... I blame the nerves.
    Yes I was so nervous-never bEen so nervous!! Also it didn't help that at first one of the interviewer was just starring but at the end she was a lot nicer...I feel she hated me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mashalli)
    i was nervous (OTT)

!!!!! Ive had my interview today aswell! What time was yours?
    Maybe i saw you there ;D ?!?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.