The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2220
Original post by banana_smoothie
Guys Im actually dreading getting a letter from Soton! This is my last choice aswell, and I thought the interview questions were quite difficult! Everywhere else I only got offers for Biomed -.- ! :frown: GOOD LUCK EVERYONE though! :biggrin:

When did you have your interview? Best of luck! :smile:
Original post by Samohamoud1
Oh my, I have an interview on the 21st and I'm wondering are ppl that get interviews later in the process less likely to get an offer seeing as though most of the places are already being given out??

nope....the "early" offers are to those who get full marks in the process.....so would get offers anyway, regardless of when they are interviewed....

most of the current cohort are not early offer *only 3 of us are*
Original post by .eXe
hey do you know whether offers will be out tomorrow for BM4 or 5? Do you know when they plan to meet for these offers? thanks.

no idea about BM4/5
Anyone else heard absolutely nothing since the criteria form? Tbh, I know it's going to be a rejection, I just wish they'd hurry up and do it.
Reply 2224
Original post by infernalcradle
nope....the "early" offers are to those who get full marks in the process.....so would get offers anyway, regardless of when they are interviewed....

most of the current cohort are not early offer *only 3 of us are*

So will the offers being given out next week go to people who have full marks from the process? (I assume the 10 offers that have already been given out are to people who scored 60/60?)

Original post by jcb123
So will the offers being given out next week go to people who have full marks from the process? (I assume the 10 offers that have already been given out are to people who scored 60/60?)

yes, the offers that have already gone out are to those with full marks....

I believe that those who will get offers will certainly be those with full marks and may include a few that are just off full (depends on how many offers will be given as there are 20 offers left...)
Reply 2226

I believe that those who will get offers will certainly be those with full marks and may include a few that are just off full (depends on how many offers will be given as there are 20 offers left...)

I thought you said there were 30 left?!
Original post by jcb123
I thought you said there were 30 left?!

my bad...I meant 30....
Reply 2228
my bad...I meant 30....

Thought you might have made a typo! :wink: - thanks for keeping us all updated.
Reply 2229
So people who have had early interviews should have received an offer by now if they are likely to get one?

Also, has anyone been rejected post interview so far? Someone on the stalking page appears to have been but haven't heard of anyone else.

Sorry for all the questions but I need to prepare myself for bad news to come.

Thanks for your help.
Original post by Skyeblu
So people who have had early interviews should have received an offer by now if they are likely to get one?

Also, has anyone been rejected post interview so far? Someone on the stalking page appears to have been but haven't heard of anyone else.

Sorry for all the questions but I need to prepare myself for bad news to come.

Thanks for your help.

people who had early interviews AND full marks in their application would have gotten an offer by now....
Reply 2231
people who had early interviews AND full marks in their application would have gotten an offer by now....

what counts as an early interview?
Reply 2232
Original post by .eXe
what counts as an early interview?

Up to and including 15/2/12 for BM6.
Reply 2233
Original post by Skyeblu
Up to and including 15/2/12 for BM6.

Well Im BM5 but my interview was Jan 25 and I havent heard back. Should I be expecting a guaranteed rejection i guess?
Original post by .eXe
Well Im BM5 but my interview was Jan 25 and I havent heard back. Should I be expecting a guaranteed rejection i guess?

BM5 works completely differently.....

Do u have any idea how many ppl got interviews this year ?
Reply 2236
Original post by Samohamoud1
Do u have any idea how many ppl got interviews this year ?

I rang up the admissions and this is what she told me...

770 applications, 130 interviews and then 45 offers.

I don't know if they are exact figures or approximations. Probably, approximations.

e: 40 offers, like I said, what I was told must have been approximations. Thanks infernalcradle.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Aiboz
I rang up the admissions and this is what she told me...

770 applications, 130 interviews and then 45 offers.

I don't know if they are exact figures or approximations. Probably, approximations.

only 40 offers...
only 40 offers...

so you said that 10 early offers have been given, leaving 30 and so this monday how many offers will they be conferring to give out, 10 -20 because i believe there are still some people to go for interview so it will be at an disadvantage to them surely if only 10 offers are left and so leading to greater competition to them.
Reply 2239
only 40 offers...

Thanks, I've edited my post :smile:

:eek: Gosh, so hard.... :frown: Do you have people on the course that were one of the last to be interviewed?
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending