Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am such an IDIOT it is unreal.. I've had the worst week ever and just to top if off my expensive laptop with all my college work/university stuff/personal statement.. EVERYTHING has been lost and just to top that off, I used my mums computer to double check my UKCAT is on thursday morning when BAM..

It's tomorrow morning!!! How the hell did I mess up so much seriously I am stressing out to the max and I booked thursday off work to take it, now I'm going to have to ask them for tomorow morning off and it's just more stress...

Such a bad week guys

Anyway, hello all newcomers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xcoral23)
    Ahahahaha!! This has REALLY cheered my morning up reading this! Thanks

I'm dreading the UKCAT also, got it this Thursday :eek:

And my personal statement is being a poop as its wayyyyyy too long!!

What do you need to resit/what position are you in?
    Not even sure if I should go ahead with a resit. I'm going to give it more thought after I do the UKCAT.

I am such an IDIOT it is unreal.. I've had the worst week ever and just to top if off my expensive laptop with all my college work/university stuff/personal statement.. EVERYTHING has been lost and just to top that off, I used my mums computer to double check my UKCAT is on thursday morning when BAM..

It's tomorrow morning!!! How the hell did I mess up so much seriously I am stressing out to the max and I booked thursday off work to take it, now I'm going to have to ask them for tomorow morning off and it's just more stress...

Such a bad week guys

WOW! How'd you lose it?! Surely it's backed up?! With regards to the UKCAT, you've probably done as much as you could do anyway. Best thing you can do is to stay calm.

You'll do fine!

ReputationRep:

Such a bad week guys

hey i remember u from last year dw im sure u will be just fine this time round! x
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

Such a bad week guys

You know, this might be a blessing in disguise... your ps was too long, and this way you'll only be able to include what you can recall, which will only be the important stuff....

ReputationRep:

Such a bad week guys

how did your ukcat go

ReputationRep:

Such a bad week guys

Best of luck with the UKCAT

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have 2 A*s and GCSE and 5 A's. Are there any GCSE requirements for this course, as Nottingham have told me I have too many A's at GCSE to apply to the 6 year course?

Thanks.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by oliviaw1677)
    Hi, I have 2 A*s and GCSE and 5 A's. Are there any GCSE requirements for this course, as Nottingham have told me I have too many A's at GCSE to apply to the 6 year course?

Thanks.
    http://www.som.soton.ac.uk/undergrad/course/bm6/entry/

ReputationRep:

Such a bad week guys

Hello

Like everyone has said about it, dont stress. Easier said than done, I know (seriously), but I'm sure it'll go, or have gone fine.

Good luck with you application too xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BethaneyJ)
    You can redo 1 subject usually without question. Any more and they'll want to know why.
    What's a good excuse to use? :p: Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Master.K)
    It's not about making up excuses.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Master.K)
    It's not a case of "excuses", it's about telling the truth! Why did you need to take another year?? If you just didn't work hard enough, *shrug*. BM6 has lower grades so that people who have real reasons for not getting the grades and real potential to have achieved them given the right support get a shot at medicine.

I understand that everyone is desperate to do medicine but it is really simple. You're not there to trick them into letting you in, you're there to see if the uni is right for you and you are right for the uni. If you don't have the reasons they're looking for then you're not right for the course. If you blag your way in you'll not succeed. If you apply for the right reasons, it's not difficult (with a little luck on your side) to get an offer. Simple!!

(Original post by Besakt)
    It's not about making up excuses.
    Indeed good sir. Indeed.

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible to send a supporting letter if you have other difficulties not listed on the entry requirements?

ReputationRep:
    is it unwise to apply for both bm6 & bm5?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 786girl)
    Yes, I would assume so.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    If you have the entry requirements for BM5, then there's no need to apply for BM6 (don't use it as a back up, in case you don't get an offer for BM5)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BethaneyJ)
    You know, this might be a blessing in disguise... your ps was too long, and this way you'll only be able to include what you can recall, which will only be the important stuff....
    Quite possibly.. However my computer now works which is good but it's broken too so might save up for a new one :/ How are you anyway? We have not spoken in a while..

I need to send you my PS soon (when I finish it) is that ok?

(Original post by IamBeowulf)
    how did your ukcat go
    (Original post by mashalli)
    Best of luck with the UKCAT
    (Original post by Ally312)
    Hello

Like everyone has said about it, dont stress. Easier said than done, I know (seriously), but I'm sure it'll go, or have gone fine.

Good luck with you application too xx
    Crap. Let's not talk about it lol I've cried and now I'm trying to remember that everything is not down to the UKCAT. I must concentrate on my PS and reference now.

The frustrating thing is that the reason why I did so badly is because I was extremely ill not because I can't do it.. It's completely out of my hands.. Everyone on here knows I've had tough month but today I was very ill during the exam.. hay ho..

Thanks for asking

Oh and thanks Ally, you too x

ReputationRep:
    Quite possibly.. However my computer now works which is good but it's broken too so might save up for a new one :/ How are you anyway? We have not spoken in a while..

I need to send you my PS soon (when I finish it) is that ok?

Crap. Let's not talk about it lol I've cried and now I'm trying to remember that everything is not down to the UKCAT. I must concentrate on my PS and reference now.

The frustrating thing is that the reason why I did so badly is because I was extremely ill not because I can't do it.. It's completely out of my hands.. Everyone on here knows I've had tough month but today I was very ill during the exam.. hay ho..

Thanks for asking

Oh and thanks Ally, you too x
    It can't be that bad. Don't worry they don't take it into consideration.

ReputationRep:
    It can't be that bad. Don't worry they don't take it into consideration.
    It really was that bad.. but exactly what I thought afterwards, thank god. There is still hope.. all is not over
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by oliviaw1677)
    Is it possible to send a supporting letter if you have other difficulties not listed on the entry requirements?
    Perhaps... I'd advise talking to admissions first.

Nope. I applied for both.

Yes, I would assume so.
    (Original post by tobnot)
    If you have the entry requirements for BM5, then there's no need to apply for BM6 (don't use it as a back up, in case you don't get an offer for BM5)
    Not necessarily. I applied to both (as did a lot of people). I hoped to get the grades for BM5, and I figured I'd manage money-wise if I got into BM5 and had to quit my job, but I was really hoping for BM6. It's just like applying for BM6 + any other 5 year course....

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 29, 2012
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.