Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ll94)
    Same I just hope that they dont reject me before they get the access to leeds form and they actually take that into consideration because id probably get an outright rejection with my predicted grades. It looks like such a nice medical school and id love to have the chance to be able to do the 5 year course as well
    Same. I really need to get on top of my A2L form I might just finish it by Friday. Before half term. So I can spend half-term revising for exams and interviews.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ally312)
    I'm sorry to hear all this... and I don't think you've given up, these circumstances are way out your control, and I'm glad to see you're trying to do what's best for you.

Good luck with whatever happens next, and hopefully it all turns out for the best. And remember we're right here if you need us xx

:hugs:

Yeah it's difficult to come to terms with because academically I can cope with the course and the career but at the moment these external factors and my health is just saying otherwise..

Well, I have got a reasonably good academic profile for Nursing and loads of work experience/life experience so if I get an interview I've just got to ace it and go from there (fingers crossed)..

I would actually just like a chance to prove myself

All of you are lovely and all deserve to get in this year and I will give you a piece of advice I have learnt over the last few years:

- Life is not worth living if you are unhappy.
    - If you get into Medicine and are unhappy - do something about it.
    - Make sure you make time for your family, friends and partners.
    - Work is not everything! It is defiantly a big part of your life, but there is more to life and you can't let the course/career consume you
    - Work hard and don't give up
    - Don't listen to what some people tell you - they just assume you will fail because "other people have failed"! Rubbish! If you really want something in life than go for it!

Good luck everyone x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Besakt)
    Depends how strong is your UKCAT?
    not so strong... just under 600 average. over 2300 total...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cobra2k10)
    not so strong... just under 600 average. over 2300 total...
    That knocks KCL out, I would say go for Liverpool.

ReputationRep:
    That knocks KCL out, I would say go for Liverpool.
    i rang kcl and asked them about my UKCAT. they said that an application wouldnt be rejected just becuase of their ukcat as they look at the whole application. isnt it worth a shot?? just realised i dont meet the gcse requirements for liverpool or lancaster

ReputationRep:
    i rang kcl and asked them about my UKCAT. they said that an application wouldnt be rejected just becuase of their ukcat as they look at the whole application. isnt it worth a shot?? just realised i dont meet the gcse requirements for liverpool or lancaster
    Oh, I remember reading somewhere that KCL look at both GCSE and UKCAT together, also KCL is one of the more competitive medicine universities.

I would say work your way through this and eliminate one where you don't meet the requirements and then look at ones where you are a strong candidate.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...E_Requirements

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...l_Requirements

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/UKCAT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xcoral23)
    Yeah it's difficult to come to terms with because academically I can cope with the course and the career but at the moment these external factors and my health is just saying otherwise..

Well, I have got a reasonably good academic profile for Nursing and loads of work experience/life experience so if I get an interview I've just got to ace it and go from there (fingers crossed)..

I would actually just like a chance to prove myself

All of you are lovely and all deserve to get in this year and I will give you a piece of advice I have learnt over the last few years:

- Life is not worth living if you are unhappy.
    - If you get into Medicine and are unhappy - do something about it.
    - Make sure you make time for your family, friends and partners.
    - Work is not everything! It is defiantly a big part of your life, but there is more to life and you can't let the course/career consume you
    - Work hard and don't give up
    - Don't listen to what some people tell you - they just assume you will fail because "other people have failed"! Rubbish! If you really want something in life than go for it!

Good luck everyone x
    I think you have more than proved yourself, by trying to make the best of the situation you are in.

And like you've said before, you have your whole life ahead of you, and can become a doctor when the time is right.

x

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I remember reading somewhere that KCL look at both GCSE and UKCAT together, also KCL is one of the more competitive medicine universities.

I would say work your way through this and eliminate one where you don't meet the requirements and then look at ones where you are a strong candidate.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...E_Requirements

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...l_Requirements

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/UKCAT
    STILL UNSURE?! any ideas for backup courses/courses that transfer to medicine afer 1st year...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    STILL UNSURE?! any ideas for backup courses/courses that transfer to medicine afer 1st year...
    Bradford - Clinical sciences (you have the chance to transfer to leeds med school after year 1)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tobnot)
    Bradford - Clinical sciences (you have the chance to transfer to leeds med school after year 1)
    applied for that last year and got rejected after interview... . wont allow reapplications to people who got rejected after interview to y1 or y0 of clinical sciences

ReputationRep:
    anyway, off to bed! pls give me advice for my 4th and 5th choice. im even thinkin of applyin to leicester medical school again! bye

ReputationRep:
    anyway, off to bed! pls give me advice for my 4th and 5th choice. im even thinkin of applyin to leicester medical school again! bye
    Biomed?
    Pharmacology?
    Pharmacy? (Although I found pharmacy painfully boring when I was on work experience)

ReputationRep:
    applied for that last year and got rejected after interview... . wont allow reapplications to people who got rejected after interview to y1 or y0 of clinical sciences
    Hey, was the interview like a med interview ? or was it different. I am applying there as a back up. : /
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Has anyone else not sent off their application yet?

I'm starting to panic because mine is caught up at school. My reference has been done but it's a rule at my school that the head has to check every application before it's sent, and this still hasn't been done with 2 days left till the deadline!!!

ReputationRep:
    Anybody know around what time they start handing out interviews?

ReputationRep:
    maybe look at last year's thread - but they interview in january

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IamBeowulf)
    maybe look at last year's thread - but they interview in january
    Thanks. I hate this waiting it's killing me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tobnot)
    Has anyone else not sent off their application yet?

I'm starting to panic because mine is caught up at school. My reference has been done but it's a rule at my school that the head has to check every application before it's sent, and this still hasn't been done with 2 days left till the deadline!!!
    Me. I am so worried. Everything's done on my side, but my AS maths teacher still hasn't given a predicited grade yet, and the reference has to be checked over by the head of sixth form. I have been panicking all week, and am getting to the point where I'm more angry at the school than anything.

For all medical schools it's usually between January and March, but you can look at the stalking threads and have a look at them.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Ally312)
    Me. I am so worried. Everything's done on my side, but my AS maths teacher still hasn't given a predicited grade yet, and the reference has to be checked over by the head of sixth form. I have been panicking all week, and am getting to the point where I'm more angry at the school than anything.
    I'm going to track my head down tomorrow, because it won't be sent on Saturday!

ReputationRep:
    Can't apply to Leeds through the A2L programme.

Unfortunately, they want the A in chemistry.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.