The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 800
I know the data is a bit out of date but this is still useful.

November 2009 February 2010
BM6 applications considered to ensure applicants meet academic entry requirements and eligibility criteria Rejections made.

December 2009 March 2010
Interviews take place for selected BM6 applicants Offers/Rejections made.

February April 2010 Applicants under offer invited to Offer Visit Days
Reply 801
Original post by xcoral23
Well, this is for all you Medic applicants who have decided/are considering applying/reapplying to the:

BM6- 6 year foundation Medicine course at Southampton for 2012 entry.

Just for general discussion, help, advice, support, questions ect..

Last years thread was pretty emotional and became like a family so feel free to ask anything..

:^_^:

Heyy... ive applied here.. and i really want soton to work out for me this year!
Loads of people have all ready received their offers... when do us BM6 lots hear about it? Also, i haven't even received my acknowledgement yet.. eekk helpp?!!
Reply 802
Original post by Honey:)
Heyy... ive applied here.. and i really want soton to work out for me this year!
Loads of people have all ready received their offers... when do us BM6 lots hear about it? Also, i haven't even received my acknowledgement yet.. eekk helpp?!!

Do you bother reading the thread? The questions you have asked have already been answered, on this page and the previous page of this thread. :rolleyes:
Reply 803
Original post by Honey:)

[QUOTE=Honey[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];34635169]Heyy... ive applied here.. and i really want soton to work out for me this year!

I haven't received an acknowledgement and hardly anyone else has either! Only a couple of people have had a postcard from soton.

The next stage is when we get a letter asking us to prove our eligibility criteria (sometime in November)
Reply 804
Original post by tobnot
I haven't received an acknowledgement and hardly anyone else has either! Only a couple of people have had a postcard from soton.

The next stage is when we get a letter asking us to prove our eligibility criteria (sometime in November)

Yeah i havent received anything either! Okay well good luck hopefully works out well for the both of us!:smile:
Original post by infernalcradle
sort of...

in the BM6 year you get to see cadavers etc. (we are doing this next week :biggrin: )

however most of what you get will be prosection.....although if you are really into cadavers, then there are plenty of opportunities to get to work on them down the line

Wow that's good. I really want to dissect a cadaver 'if' I get into med school (hopefully Southampton!)
Reply 806
Hey Guys,

I haven't seen a page like this, so i thought i would start one up..

Anyone applied for the BM6 medical degree at Southampton?

If so, has anyone got a confirmation letter to say that they have your application or a log-in portal?

:smile: :smile:
Reply 807
Here's the page my friend

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1593024

You're welcome!
Reply 808
Reply 809
Southampton BM6 is my first choice! I'll be so happy if i get into here or nottingham
Original post by LKLB93
Southampton BM6 is my first choice! I'll be so happy if i get into here or nottingham

where else have you applied apart from nottingham and southampton?
Reply 811
Original post by LKLB93

Nottingham 5 year course/6 year course? Because if you meet the GCSE requirements for the 5 year course you cannot apply for the 6 year course.
Reply 812
i've applied to all foundation years.

Kings, east anglia, southampton, nottingham and (oxford brookes for medical science) :smile:
Reply 813
Southampton have already sent me the form to say if I am eligible for the course. These guys are efficient.
Original post by Besakt
Southampton have already sent me the form to say if I am eligible for the course. These guys are efficient.

Already? :tongue: , I have heard nothing from them :cool:
I got a form through the post today about my application for medicine and I will have to prove my eligibility for the BM6 programme. I have 4/5 weeks to fill it in. :smile:
Reply 816
Original post by sumsum123
Already? :tongue: , I have heard nothing from them :cool:

Yup. Going to get it sent off A.S.A.P, by Monday hopefully because that is when I go back to school and it needs to be countersigned by them.
I got the eligibility form :biggrin:
Original post by Besakt
Yup. Going to get it sent off A.S.A.P, by Monday hopefully because that is when I go back to school and it needs to be countersigned by them.

Original post by Hanz_a93
I got the eligibility form :biggrin:

hey, how do we know if we meet the postcode criteria (IMD).. ? I think i do, but is there anyway to be sure as I met it for the A2L scheme for leeds
Original post by cobra2k10
hey, how do we know if we meet the postcode criteria (IMD).. ? I think i do, but is there anyway to be sure as I met it for the A2L scheme for leeds

Call them up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending