Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How exactly is your app scored e.g. 15 points for your ps, 5 for your reference and 20 for the interview?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Take a look at this, it's a list of 101 things you wish you knew before starting medical school. I know it's american so a few don't apply, but it's still pretty amusing!

http://www.medschoolhell.com/2007/04...edical-school/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tobnot)
    Take a look at this, it's a list of 101 things you wish you knew before starting medical school. I know it's american so a few don't apply, but it's still pretty amusing!

http://www.medschoolhell.com/2007/04...edical-school/
    "90. The best time of your entire medical school career is between the times when you first get your acceptance letter and when you start school."

:lol:

I wish every applicant here the best and please focus on your exams!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Medican)
    Ah OK. So there are rankings. Hope my PS is good enough for an early interview.

Love your blog btw. It's really good. Especially the interview advice stuff.
    Haha thanks

Yeah there are rankings for applications and then the same for interviews, those with the highest combined scores get offers. Perfect scores get offers a week or two earlier than the others as far as I know!

Hope that helps!

Feel free to ask any other questions. I'll remember to update my blog as well. I didn't think anyone ever read it!!

Oh well. <3

ReputationRep:
    Interview 14th Dec!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jcb123)
    Interview 14th Dec!
    Nice one! did u get a phone call from them. because i did but i was in lesson so i couldn't answer it lol...

ReputationRep:
    Interview 14th Dec!
    Well done , you have a really strong app grades wise

After reading this I quickly checked my phone, saw i had one message :gah: ... only for it to be vodafone :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Interview 14th Dec!
    Wow. Congratulations.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Interview 14th Dec!
    Well done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qasid Ahmed)
    Nice one! did u get a phone call from them. because i did but i was in lesson so i couldn't answer it lol...
    They phoned me early morning, but didn't get the message until later in the afternoon!... nice surprise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IamBeowulf)
    Well done , you have a really strong app grades wise

After reading this I quickly checked my phone, saw i had one message :gah: ... only for it to be vodafone :sigh:
    Haha! I'm exactly the same. Get so excited about emails only to then realise there from a random source.

ReputationRep:
    Interview 14th Dec!
    Oow wow! congratulations! Thats amazing i would love to be in your position right now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BethaneyJ)
    Haha thanks

Yeah there are rankings for applications and then the same for interviews, those with the highest combined scores get offers. Perfect scores get offers a week or two earlier than the others as far as I know!

Hope that helps!

Feel free to ask any other questions. I'll remember to update my blog as well. I didn't think anyone ever read it!!

Oh well. <3
    Hahaa i read your blog bethany! Its really good and useful loads!

ReputationRep:
    Wow I wonder when Soton will start intl interviews. Good luck to all who already have interviews!

ReputationRep:
    Interview 14th Dec!
    Nice one! And good luck!!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by .eXe)
    Wow I wonder when Soton will start intl interviews. Good luck to all who already have interviews!
    I thought BM6 didn't except international applicants?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tobnot)
    I thought BM6 didn't except international applicants?
    It doesnt. I just meant SOTON as a school :P

ReputationRep:
    Interview 14th Dec!
    Wowwww !! How amazinggg !! Well donee
    What are your grades/ukcat like btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sumsum123)
    Wowwww !! How amazinggg !! Well donee
    What are your grades/ukcat like btw?
    I thought the UKCAT didn't matter for the BM6

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IamBeowulf)
    I thought the UKCAT didn't matter for the BM6
    It does not as far as I know just curious really lool ! , Southampton are fast!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 29, 2012
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.