Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infernalcradle)
    a batch every week....however I don't think they'll do anymore this month as we break up this friday
    Thank you for your input

ReputationRep:
    a batch every week....however I don't think they'll do anymore this month as we break up this friday
    When do you go back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Besakt)
    When do you go back?
    8th of jan

ReputationRep:
    8th of jan
    do you know what day they usually send interview invitation, is it monday or other day of the week?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Tausif)
    do you know what day they usually send interview invitation, is it monday or other day of the week?
    It varies, there isn't a set date. They usually try to give up to two weeks notice but it's not always possible.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I completely flunked my interview yesterday haha so best of luck to everybody else!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a05aafzul)
    Well, I completely flunked my interview yesterday haha so best of luck to everybody else!
    Arrr how hard was it ? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Did they tell you when you'll get a decision

ReputationRep:
    that's what I thought.....

don't lose hope....you have probably done a helluva lot better than you think

ReputationRep:

Hahah cheers bud Rate my chances at 20% - I was certainly more chirpy and talkative then a few of the people in the waiting room with me...

(Original post by IamBeowulf)
    Did they tell you when you'll get a decision
    The current students who helped out said that you'll get some degree of comms in a few weeks time, then just keep checking your UCAS... fingers crossed!

(Original post by sumsum123)
    Arrr how hard was it ? :confused:
    Everybody else seemed to come out saying "it was just conversational, nothing to trick you out...." then I went in, the first 10 minutes were PERFECT, I could've shagged myself I was that happy. But then, suddenly they turned good cop, bad cop, and threw VERY obscure questions at me as fast as nunchucks throwing wood, if a nunchuck could chuck wood...

In all honesty it was all white noise and adrenalin. I may've blacked out in there for all I know lol.

ReputationRep:
    Hahah cheers bud Rate my chances at 20% - I was certainly more chirpy and talkative then a few of the people in the waiting room with me...

The current students who helped out said that you'll get some degree of comms in a few weeks time, then just keep checking your UCAS... fingers crossed!

Everybody else seemed to come out saying "it was just conversational, nothing to trick you out...." then I went in, the first 10 minutes were PERFECT, I could've shagged myself I was that happy. But then, suddenly they turned good cop, bad cop, and threw VERY obscure questions at me as fast as nunchucks throwing wood, if a nunchuck could chuck wood...

In all honesty it was all white noise and adrenalin. I may've blacked out in there for all I know lol.
    What was you applications like GCSEs, AS-Levels, A2 predictions, UKCAT, Work experience?

ReputationRep:

loooooool , you are one funny person! How did you handle the sudden switch after the 10 minutes. Probs tried to get you all comfortable and happy and then BAAM! , ahh man best of luck ! Hope you get good news soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Besakt)
    What was you applications like GCSEs, AS-Levels, A2 predictions, UKCAT, Work experience?
    GCSE... 4 A's, 4 A*'s (incl BTEC, the half-arsed GCSEs)
    AS results and predictions (because my college is annoying and wouldn't change it)
    Biology - A / Chemistry - C / Drama - A
    UKCAT - 620
    Work experience, 2 GP's, a Hospice, a residential home, a NHS walk-in centre, Acident and emergency, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Christ, I feel like I'm in my interview again =/ Straight talking guy aintcha? *impression* "no funny business. What did you get, you bell-end?"

loooooool , you are one funny person! How did you handle the sudden switch after the 10 minutes. Probs tried to get you all comfortable and happy and then BAAM! , ahh man best of luck ! Hope you get good news soon
    Hahaha cheers bud I do try That's why I think I flopped, because I realised that my mouth was running away and my brain wasn't connected to it. Wasn't actually directly answering the questions. I threw a really awkward joke in too (accidentally)

*when explaining part of why I want to do medicine*
    "fascination with body... yadda yadda... I mean, even as we sit here now, our bodies are respiring and hearts beating away unbeknownst to us *awkward pause* Some of ours faster then others...."
    Can't believe I said it in the bloody interview -.- lol

ReputationRep:
    GCSE... 4 A's, 4 A*'s (incl BTEC, the half-arsed GCSEs)
    AS results and predictions (because my college is annoying and wouldn't change it)
    Biology - A / Chemistry - C / Drama - A
    UKCAT - 620
    Work experience, 2 GP's, a Hospice, a residential home, a NHS walk-in centre, Acident and emergency, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Christ, I feel like I'm in my interview again =/ Straight talking guy aintcha? *impression* "no funny business. What did you get, you bell-end?"
    I know. Strictly business.
    *No facial expression or emotion shown*
    :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha cheers bud I do try That's why I think I flopped, because I realised that my mouth was running away and my brain wasn't connected to it. Wasn't actually directly answering the questions. I threw a really awkward joke in too (accidentally)

*when explaining part of why I want to do medicine*
    "fascination with body... yadda yadda... I mean, even as we sit here now, our bodies are respiring and hearts beating away unbeknownst to us *awkward pause* Some of ours faster then others...."
    Can't believe I said it in the bloody interview -.- lol
    Ahahahahah O.o !! I love awkward jokes, but your timing is just classic. Did they laugh or did you get stared at? Ah it is done and over with now, they could have really liked you & hopefully the decision will be a good one. Oh and good luck with Jan exams.

ReputationRep:

Hello Sam =] Came to stalk potential BM6ers are we?x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chunky_thing)
    Hello Sam =] Came to stalk potential BM6ers are we?x
    why yes we are chun.....

you here to join me??

ReputationRep:

Hey were the questions asked after the 10mins also based on your personal statement or general medical school/current affairs questions?

ReputationRep:
    Ahahahahah O.o !! I love awkward jokes, but your timing is just classic. Did they laugh or did you get stared at? Ah it is done and over with now, they could have really liked you & hopefully the decision will be a good one. Oh and good luck with Jan exams.
    Good cop was almost in tears, bad cop was looking at me as blank as the monster raving loony party's election manifesto.
    Thanks for being so supportive, it's appreciated!

(Original post by mashalli)
    Hey were the questions asked after the 10mins also based on your personal statement or general medical school/current affairs questions?
    Just to say to you and everybody, I've had like 6 personal messages from people asking me about what questions were asked, and I'm really not going to say, not because I'm a massive bell-end, but because of the obvious fact that it gives an unfair advantage. I mean I'd of killed for a bit of insight before going in there, but I did ring up to the med admissions office to ask about my panel etc. To be honest, there were questions on everything you've just mentioned and there are different interviewers and different questions for each person, so prep as much as you can.

ReputationRep:
    a05aafzul is officially my favourite person on this thread.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.