Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Besakt)
    I'm in the same boat for East Anglia if you have predicted AAA they put you through to the 5 year course, then I got rejected.
    When I was applying I remember reading somewhere I think it was on this thread that they reject AAA applicants for the Nottingham 6 year course.

For East Anglia you can kind of play the system if you don't want to do biomed at UEA, you can change your option to any other course (I say any other what I mean is any other except the ones with early deadlines medicine, oxbridge, vet med and dentistry) at any other university. I did this and chose Biomed at KCL and got an offer.

Also if you don't mind me asking what was your UKCAT, AS levels and GCSEs?

Well, Hello! Oh no, so that means they will reject me from Nottingham aswell :/ uhh bummer
    Im really interested on how you can swap your choice - as you said ?! Please explain in detail how to do it, I think, id I could Id apply for pharmacy! ?????
    WELL DONE ON YOUR OFFER IN KCL- its a dream place to get into :')

My UKCAT went pretty crap.. Ive had:
    So average around 600.
    AS's were v.dissapointing,:
    Biol- A,A,U
    Chem- D,E,A
    Polish- A
    Math-B,E,U
    Gcses: A*A*A*A*A A A A A B B B B C C (C's in Welsh & IT short course just saying, haha )

Therefore, I dont really stand a chance to apply for A100...

Tell me about your grades! We seem to be as you said in the same boat!
    Are you in UNI now, or applying this year? + have you applied to siuthampton???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moonthana)
    Congrats!
    When's your interview? Mine's on the 1st feb. Do you know if it's a conventional interview or MMI?
    Hello!
    Well done!!!!!!!!!!!
    15th of feb!!!
    Im not sure what you mean by conventional or MMI? Never heard that before

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by banana_smoothie)
    Well, Hello! Oh no, so that means they will reject me from Nottingham aswell :/ uhh bummer
    Im really interested on how you can swap your choice - as you said ?! Please explain in detail how to do it, I think, id I could Id apply for pharmacy! ?????
    WELL DONE ON YOUR OFFER IN KCL- its a dream place to get into :')

My UKCAT went pretty crap.. Ive had:
    So average around 600.
    AS's were v.dissapointing,:
    Biol- A,A,U
    Chem- D,E,A
    Polish- A
    Math-B,E,U
    Gcses: A*A*A*A*A A A A A B B B B C C (C's in Welsh & IT short course just saying, haha )

Therefore, I dont really stand a chance to apply for A100...

Tell me about your grades! We seem to be as you said in the same boat!
    Are you in UNI now, or applying this year? + have you applied to siuthampton???
    I think you have just missed the transfer window if you wanted to change it you would have had to do it by the 15th of January.
    http://www.ucas.com/documents/change...agreements.pdf
    http://www.offa.org.uk/press-release...ss-agreements/

I got A* A* A A A A A B B B at GCSE. The Bs were in english lit and lang and German.
    AS results were : BBBC (the C was in physics because I got a U in the practical work it bought my grade down)
    I got really high in some modules and terrible in others so I got predicted AAA, in chemistry I was predicted a A/B but I worked my socks off for two months so they predicted me an A in the end.
    My UKCAT was also pretty dissapointing I got 700+ (I loved the abstract reasoning it was made for me) in some sections and about 500 in other sections (Damn you verbal reasoning), came out with just under 600 for UKCAT.

I'm not at uni now I'm applying this year, I've applied for Sothampton BM6.

ReputationRep:
    @Besakt "Not stressing out too much?!?!
    I'm anxiously waiting for replies from universities, revising constantly, having minimal sleep, living off junk food and caffeine drinks, and to top it all off I have a banging headache."

It won't let me quote you but thats what im referring too so yeah
    Living off junk food, caffeine and minimal sleep really won't help you! Round exams you need to be properly rested, fuelled and ready and the caffeine buzz won't help in the long run!
    Trust me, I've been there and done that and wasn't any better for it. That said, we're all in the same boat waiting for news! Last year I was waiting as late as mid-feb so don't wear out f5 refreshing your emails every 5 minutes aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popsiclee67)
    I'm anxiously waiting for replies from universities, revising constantly, having minimal sleep, living off junk food and caffeine drinks, and to top it all off I have a banging headache."

Living off junk food, caffeine and minimal sleep really won't help you! Round exams you need to be properly rested, fuelled and ready and the caffeine buzz won't help in the long run!
    Trust me, I've been there and done that and wasn't any better for it. That said, we're all in the same boat waiting for news! Last year I was waiting as late as mid-feb so don't wear out f5 refreshing your emails every 5 minutes aha
    :lol: It works for me.

ReputationRep:

Hey are you doing bm6 this year, how is it going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cobra2k10)
    hah, why? i thinks maths is going well atm apart from the mechanics module! what alevels are you doing? did you apply for a 5th choice?
    Last year school really messed everyone about in A-Level maths, and I got an E at AS for Maths. I'm retaking it this year and predicted a B. Also, it's not really my favourite subject :rolleyes: I'm doing Chemistry, Biology and English Language at A2.

My 5th choice is Medical Biochemistry at Leeds and I got an offer from them just yesterday. I only put it down because the UCAS person at my school made me, despite me telling her I would just refuse it if I was given an offer.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to all those with offers!
    I'm still waiting for any news from Southampton. Had an offer for biomedical science from them already (one of my back ups). Everyone keeps asking if I have heard and it's doing my head in.
    Obviously I can't be on the patient side of a doctor-patient relationship as I'm not patient! :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saxy103)
    Congrats to all those with offers!
    I'm still waiting for any news from Southampton. Had an offer for biomedical science from them already (one of my back ups). Everyone keeps asking if I have heard and it's doing my head in.
    Obviously I can't be on the patient side of a doctor-patient relationship as I'm not patient! :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by banana_smoothie)
    Hello!
    Well done!!!!!!!!!!!
    15th of feb!!!
    Im not sure what you mean by conventional or MMI? Never heard that before

Thank you! You too

Conventional interview is the typical interview with 2 or 3 interview panelists asking typical medical school questions such as why medicine etc. Wheras Mini Mutiple Interview (MMI) is an interview style where you have different stations that you go to and have many interviews at each station. The advantage of MMIs is that if you mess up at one station, you can forget about it and move to the next station and make up for it etc. Usually the style of interview and questions asked are not the same, some interviews such as St georges have MMI style interviews and ask you to do roleplays and interpret paintings etc all to subtly test neccessary skills required in medicine. But don't worry, a lot of people said Southampton is conventional interview style

Good luck with your interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mashalli)
    Hey are you doing bm6 this year, how is it going?
    No I'm a reapplicant Doing a 3rd year a college but got an offer for the bm6 last year and just missed out so trying again this year

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Besakt)
    :lol: It works for me.
    aha, hey I wasn't saying it doesn't! I can't judge as I'm currently shaking after a mega caffeine buzz :lol:
    Doing an entire a level in english language in 8 months means a lot of last minute coursework prep haha!

ReputationRep:
    aha, hey I wasn't saying it doesn't! I can't judge as I'm currently shaking after a mega caffeine buzz :lol:
    Doing an entire a level in english language in 8 months means a lot of last minute coursework prep haha!
    I feel your pain. Did that for r.s. last year and doing the same for chemistry this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roller)
    bludddddddddclattttttttttttttttt tt sai dat 2 ma face init,,,,,,,,,,,, thouggt so bruv. like ur propa talkin 2 me an dat but tell ova man not ot tlak 2 me
    like wots up wiv u, u got sutitn up ur ass?

obviously has the knowledge and literacy skills to be applying to medicine...not

:')

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get any calls for interviews?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saxy103)
    I feel your pain. Did that for r.s. last year and doing the same for chemistry this year.
    Ouch! Luckily I've done literature already do its helped but sooo much work to do! But kept frantically refreshing emails today in the hope of news as its Wednesday, aha

ReputationRep:
    Don't they interview gap year students first? I haven't heard anything by now so :-(.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mashalli)
    Don't they interview gap year students first? I haven't heard anything by now so :-(.
    No, there isn't a preference to gap year or not
    My interview last year wasn't until until March 2nd so they continue interviewing quite late

ReputationRep:
    guys....realise this....

most of the interviews currently happening are BM5 (mature/international) interviews....

as on wednesday...only 5-6 BM6 interviews happened compared to about 10 BM5 ones....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infernalcradle)
    guys....realise this....

most of the interviews currently happening are BM5 (mature/international) interviews....

as on wednesday...only 5-6 BM6 interviews happened compared to about 10 BM5 ones....
    Do you know approximately how many BM6 interview there are going to be?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.