Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a05aafzul)
    Two words people; Jeremy Kyle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medican)
    No, when he's helping to resolve people's tough social predicaments, not when he looks like he wants to touch my children lol

And pahaa, I swear there's like a picture for every situation!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a05aafzul)
    No, when he's helping to resolve people's tough social predicaments, not when he looks like he wants to touch my children lol

And pahaa, I swear there's like a picture for every situation!
    I didn't know you were a father of at least 2 children.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know you were a father of at least 2 children.

ReputationRep:
    :lol:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by TheStudent.)
    Excuse me, my point wasn't made out of stupidity but unawareness :mad:
    I think you've misunderstood. I wasn't saying that or even anything like that. It was in reference to the negging. People assume (as you have here) that someone is doing/saying something to be mean, when instead, they've not realised what they're doing/saying or how it could be taken. People think people are being malicious when they're being stupid, in other words, don't assume someone is trying to be mean, they might just not be thinking things through.

I am a little hurt that you'd think that of me. You're always welcome to ask any questions you like. People are not getting on in here as they have in previous years but questions are always welcome and no question is stupid. It can get annoying if someone asks a question that has been answered but that shouldn't mean people get upset about it.

I assume it was you that negged me, and I am really sorry you feel that way. It was not intentional to cause you offence and will in future make sure that my posts are clear
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by BethaneyJ)
    I think you've misunderstood. I wasn't saying that or even anything like that. It was in reference to the negging. People assume (as you have here) that someone is doing/saying something to be mean, when instead, they've not realised what they're doing/saying or how it could be taken. People think people are being malicious when they're being stupid, in other words, don't assume someone is trying to be mean, they might just not be thinking things through.

I am a little hurt that you'd think that of me. You're always welcome to ask any questions you like. People are not getting on in here as they have in previous years but questions are always welcome and no question is stupid. It can get annoying if someone asks a question that has been answered but that shouldn't mean people get upset about it.

I assume it was you that negged me, and I am really sorry you feel that way. It was not intentional to cause you offence and will in future make sure that my posts are clear

Oh right ! Thought you meant that medican = malicious, and stupidity = me, because you quoted us both at the same time.

I understand completely now

Sorry.. theres just been so much negativity geared towards me in this thread, and so thought that you were just another hater. I did neg you :P but I do recall repping you for the interesting blog you sent me the link to the other day :d i'll even it out later...

ReputationRep:
    +1 Beth. BTW I haven't negged anyone. I rarely take notice of possing and negging.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Oh right ! Thought you meant that medican = malicious, and stupidity = me, because you quoted us both at the same time.

I understand completely now

Sorry.. theres just been so much negativity geared towards me in this thread, and so thought that you were just another hater. I did neg you :P but I do recall repping you for the interesting blog you sent me the link to the other day :d i'll even it out later...
    Nope! Sorry, should have been clearer

Yeah, noticing the negativity, not really sure what's up with that I think we should draw a metaphorical line and everyone should be nice again lol *wishful thinking*

Don't worry about evening it out! That's effort xD I was just checking that I hadn't offended anyone else really lol.

So, metaphorical line is drawn:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's become more of a virtual line than metaphorical.... or maybe both. Oh well, either way it is drawn.

ReputationRep:
    First post after the metaphorical line. :smug:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    :king1: <- Awards to Medican!
    x

:king2:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Bethaney Kyle
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Bethaney Kyle
    That works frighteningly well.....

ReputationRep:
    Keeping with the Jeremy Kyle theme going on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psNAGm5Wpx0

ReputationRep:
    Will they be contacting people this week coming up for interviews and congrats to the people who have already have had interviews and when they call do they call your home phone or mobile phone
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Ally312)
    Keeping with the Jeremy Kyle theme going on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psNAGm5Wpx0

Two of my faves

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zekd4iNru6M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Iv3g...eature=related
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by ishy555)
    Will they be contacting people this week coming up for interviews and congrats to the people who have already have had interviews and when they call do they call your home phone or mobile phone
    I shouldn't answer this, but I think, it might have been, it could be on Wednesdays, because i've heard a lot of talk about people logging on to check their emails on weds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jcb123)
    I was told by someone at Southampton that they do it in order of how you score on your personal statement and reference.
    nope...they simply interview people who get over a certain score...and the order in which they interview simply depends where in the pile you are....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mashalli)
    No I meant how many interviews have gone out so far not total they will interview? Surely it will be more than 150 applicants if last year they interviewed 200 out of 700?
    well...they only interviewed about 5-6 BM6 people on wednesday the 18th....so I doubt that many have gone out....bear in mind they interview all the way until mid march...and that the later it gets, the more BM6 interviews they will do as they get through the BM5 international/mature interviews

ReputationRep:
    Oh right! Just made the assumption Thanks for clearing that up, was expecting a rejection

I read somewhere on this thread that they hand out offers dependent on how highly you score, so the top 45 get offers. Wouldn't that be unfair to those interviewed late march, since they would have already given out half the offers by then, and there'd be more pressure / expectation for these applicants to impress?
    nope....only those who have FULL marks will get early offers....and that is because they have pretty much a guaranteed offer as you can get no higher...

but this only went out to 3 people last year....out of 45....

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 29, 2012
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.