Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Had an interview on the 14th of December and still haven't heard anything... i.e. the letter they said they would send "a few weeks" post-interview. Not sure what to make of it tbh...

ReputationRep:
    just wait,they will eventualy get round to it at some point

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a05aafzul)
    Had an interview on the 14th of December and still haven't heard anything... i.e. the letter they said they would send "a few weeks" post-interview. Not sure what to make of it tbh...
    Nothing It means nothing at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BethaneyJ)
    Once you complete the Bm6 year, you just become a BM5. There is no difference between people who have done BM6 and those just starting BM5. So yes you can do it, but you need to be chosen. The uni only allows a few people to do it
    Thank you for all your help Btw what would you say is the good thing about doing BM6 before going on to BM5? Do you think you have gained anything from it, as opposed going straight in to BM5?

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean post-interview. Do they sometimes interview you more than once?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moonthana)
    What do you mean post-interview. Do they sometimes interview you more than once?
    No, as in after my interview...

ReputationRep:
    No, as in after my interview...
    Oh Okay! Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jcb123)
    Are you doing AQA Chem Unit 5?
    I'm doing OCR F325 (not the salters one!)

(Original post by cobra2k10)
    yeah, its my last exam. im going to go over the specification this weekend so my knowledge on concrete and then do all the papers incuding the legacy ones! good luck!
    Good luck to you, too!

(Original post by Ally312)
    Nice All my exams are over for now, (yay!) What are legacy papers? Are they just past papers?

And Good Luck with your chemistry exam
    Yeah legacy ones were back when they split the exams up into optional topics like chains and rings, unified concepts, trends and patterns etc so there are lots of questions v similar/the same as current while some are no longer in the spec

and thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Just to throw it out there and stimulate some conversation, has anybody else been watching the new series of junior doctors?
    Just to add some more fuel to the fire, does anyone think that they are massive bell-ends -.- that's my OPINION (which I'm entitled to, if you don't agree, discuss don't neg!), like on the first series, the doctors were a lot more down-to-earth people, but here we've got a spoilt girl who calls herself 'princess' every 5 mins, and an extra from made in chelsea!

ReputationRep:
    Just to throw it out there and stimulate some conversation, has anybody else been watching the new series of junior doctors?
    Just to add some more fuel to the fire, does anyone think that they are massive bell-ends -.- that's my OPINION (which I'm entitled to, if you don't agree, discuss don't neg!), like on the first series, the doctors were a lot more down-to-earth people, but here we've got a spoilt girl who calls herself 'princess' every 5 mins, and an extra from made in chelsea!
    Ahaha this is exactly what I was saying to my friends few days ago. I really liked it last time but I guess this causes more people to talk . Interesting personalities to say the least :cool:. That scene where the girl was lying on her bed and her parents were beside her... I wish my parents could tend to my needs like that :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Well that's just two of them, most of the guys seem alright. There is nothing wrong with being spoilt if your parents can afford to.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for all your help Btw what would you say is the good thing about doing BM6 before going on to BM5? Do you think you have gained anything from it, as opposed going straight in to BM5?
    Absolutly, i'm a current BM6 and this course is amazing. It's a really great way to settle into university and not quite such a big leap as you would get going from A levels straight to BM5. You get taught a lot of the basics which reaccur throughout the rest of the course which should give us a little head start next year. We also get plenty of extra support as well because the classes are only 30 big.

ReputationRep:
    The only one that really shone out at me was Lucy - she seemed really down to Earth and genuine... If this is the next generation of doctors (I'm worried!).

Surely after 5 years at medical school you would know how to put a cannula in :confused:
    Even I know from my work experience that you don't try and put it in coming from above/at a right angle... you come in flat from the skin surface! (PS: this sounds like I'm really up myself, I genuinely don't intend to come across in that way )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NothingWorks)
    Absolutly, i'm a current BM6 and this course is amazing. It's a really great way to settle into university and not quite such a big leap as you would get going from A levels straight to BM5. You get taught a lot of the basics which reaccur throughout the rest of the course which should give us a little head start next year. We also get plenty of extra support as well because the classes are only 30 big.
    Thank you so much for your help What kind of support is given would you say? Is it pastoral support, or additonal tutors to help you with your work etc? Thanks for all of this

ReputationRep:
    Hello ! Is anyone going for an interview on the 15th of Feb ???

If you have been to one already, can you share some of the questions youve been asked, or do you think its too much of a competition to be talking about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by banana_smoothie)

If you have been to one already, can you share some of the questions youve been asked, or do you think its too much of a competition to be talking about it?
    , you are joking right? I personally have not got an interview but you are not allowed to share any questions nor would anyone discuss it anyway. Everyone is trying to get thru their interview on their own merit Ah and good luck on the 15th!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by banana_smoothie)

No one give out questions. It isn't fair and puts you at an advantage. Don't stress. Just keep on practicing as many questions as you can and you should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    No one share any questions or you will be shot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jcb123)
    No one share any questions or you will be shot!
    Well, there was this question asking me something about.....

lool , joke! I just reminded myself again of the fact that I am interview-less .

ReputationRep:
    Re junior doctors, remember Adam in the first few episodes? I thought he was so arrogant! And then as it went on, and especially in the revisited thing, you can see he realised his errors and his attitude so maybe there's hope for this lot haha

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 29, 2012

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.