The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
I think it's unfair to call them bell ends. It's their first day on the job, there's a lot more pressure on them then during their medical training as, at the end of the day, they face the consequences of the decisions they make! I think people have an unfair representation of doctors as perfect when in actual fact they're just people...not Gods. I know it's a reality TV show and you either watch it for the sake of the drama of it all or for an insight into life as a junior doctor but I'd rather judge them on their performance as first year doctors rather than how many nice things they have, which tbh, as besakt said is understandable if you've got the money. I also think these clips will be an unfair representation of how they've progressed and with regards to their characters, the BBC are the ones that hold the paint brush, so take everything you see with a pinch of salt.
Original post by Medican
I think it's unfair to call them bell ends. It's their first day on the job, there's a lot more pressure on them then during their medical training as, at the end of the day, they face the consequences of the decisions they make! I think people have an unfair representation of doctors as perfect when in actual fact they're just people...not Gods. I know it's a reality TV show and you either watch it for the sake of the drama of it all or for an insight into life as a junior doctor but I'd rather judge them on their performance as first year doctors rather than how many nice things they have, which tbh, as besakt said is understandable if you've got the money. I also think these clips will be an unfair representation of how they've progressed and with regards to their characters, the BBC are the ones that hold the paint brush, so take everything you see with a pinch of salt.

I agree

I think people (especially on TSR) expect doctors to be perfect as Medicine is hard to get into, when in reality most docs are just normal people and not superhuman :lol:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1582
anyone know when the next batch of interviews is ? sorry for being impatient :smile:
There are interviews timetabled every Wednesday from now until midway through March. I didn't find out about my interview until about a week beforehand and that was one of the later ones.
Reply 1584
Ok thank you come on wednesday lol
Reply 1585
Original post by NothingWorks
There are interviews timetabled every Wednesday from now until midway through March. I didn't find out about my interview until about a week beforehand and that was one of the later ones.

you get + rep for that info. thanks mate :smile:
Original post by IamBeowulf
I agree

I think people (especially on TSR) expect doctors to be perfect as Medicine is hard to get into, when in reality most docs are just normal people and not superhuman :lol:

Last years JD- YLITH made some of the Junior docs @SGH really really irritated. Apparently it was really unrealistic and made them all look useless. Had a lot of people saying they weren't happy for them to treat unsupervised them for a while until it died down!!

Not watched it myself but nothing is ever a fair representation these days.
Reply 1587
Original post by Medican

BBC will obviously be editing it, cutting and sticking bits in to make it as entertaining as possible.
Original post by Besakt
BBC will obviously be editing it, cutting and sticking bits in to make it as entertaining as possible.

True. And it is BBC3, so a fair bit of it is made to have them looking like idiots in it.
Sooo... Nice weather we've had today?
Reply 1590
Original post by a05aafzul

:lol:

Bored?

Trying to stimulate some conversation?

I want the weather to warm up so when I walk to school I don't constantly fall on the icy floor.

Today I was walking to school and I nearly fell but I carried on walking making sure my swagger was intacked. :cool: Then realised some kid was staring at me from his bedroom window absolutely pissing himself laughing. :frown:

Nice weather... I wish ! :tongue: , I really just want it to snow already, like alot. Just so that I can stay home and er spend my day making snow-women :tongue: !
Reply 1592
Original post by sumsum123
Nice weather... I wish ! :tongue: , I really just want it to snow already, like alot. Just so that I can stay home and er spend my day making snow-women :tongue: !

Nooooo! I hate snow. It is only nice in the morning when nobody has stood on it then it just becomes spoilt.
Original post by Besakt
Nooooo! I hate snow. It is only nice in the morning when nobody has stood on it then it just becomes spoilt.

Ah non-ruined snow is lovely, rolling down snow hills is even better...apart from the awkward moment when you bash your head on the not so soft floor :P! I find it quite funny snow is the most relevant thing right now aha and I have a chem exam on Wednesday :tongue: .
Looool! What've I started? :/ although I either prefer it searing hot or with snow like a cotton duvet covering everything. Complete opposites, but truee
Reply 1595
Original post by sumsum123
Ah non-ruined snow is lovely, rolling down snow hills is even better...apart from the awkward moment when you bash your head on the not so soft floor :P! I find it quite funny snow is the most relevant thing right now aha and I have a chem exam on Wednesday :tongue: .

Relaxation is the key to success. :redface:
snow is only nice when you don't have to go out in it but have the choice too :P good luck for Wednesday btw quite glad to have my first round of exams over and done with
Reply 1597
Looool! What've I started? :/ although I either prefer it searing hot or with snow like a cotton duvet covering everything. Complete opposites, but truee

I hate the cold, the short days, the gloomy weather the snow which attempts to kill me constantly.
Summer on the other hand is awesome, long days, amazing early morning sunrises, warm weather. :tongue:

loool :tongue: , this is all your fault :colone: . I can't cope with it being too hot, I suffer on the bus. It always seems to smell like a cat died or something (not that I know what dead cats smell like lool)
Original post by NothingWorks
snow is only nice when you don't have to go out in it but have the choice too :P good luck for Wednesday btw quite glad to have my first round of exams over and done with

Yupp , very true! Thank you very much if that was directed at me :tongue: , and lucky man... v.lucky hope you done good! I can't wait till my exam is done! When you feel like the libary walls are closing in on you .. you know you have gone too far lmao! I am gonna chill :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest