Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popsiclee67)
    Now i know shipley's upnorth, but you're flying?! woaaah :P
    It does seem a bit extreme I know! but us northerners like to travel in style

It's either 45 minutes on a plane or 7 hours on a coach (as nobody is willing to drive me all that way!) I think I'd be shattered by the time I got there if I went by coach, plus another 7 hours back... uurgh. If I fly, I can be in southampton by lunchtime, chill for a bit, have a coffee etc go for my interview, then have a few pints in the airport bar before heading home.
    £95 return flights = bargain in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ally312)
    Haha, Thank you

Indeed I am

And yes, course I'll let you know. They actually rang me yesterday, about 4ish, and said I would get the e-mail in a couple of hours, but I still haven't got it. :confused:
    And I'm from up north too, and I need to book a train or whatever mode of transport I'm going to use to get to the other side of the country lol
    They rang me yesterday as well about 5ish, while i was out walking the dog. I was more giddy than the dog after she told me!!

A fellow northerner! Where aboots upnorth?

ReputationRep:
    Congrats 2 u both.

Do you think all the dates are gone because 29th of feb is end of the month, what about the interview dates before that? Doubt any dates left after 29th?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mashalli)
    Congrats 2 u both.

Do you think all the dates are gone because 29th of feb is end of the month, what about the interview dates before that? Doubt any dates left after 29th?
    Pretty sure interviews go on until the end of march. My interview last year was the 23rd of march.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carl_senior)
    ohhhhh I can!!
    Shipley Dancing Man

(shipley is the town where I live)

He is occasionally sighted dancing around town. He was even on BBC news!
    And I can compete too lool with mad malik ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVSEXPeOQk0 , arhh I miss him ! Not from Birmingham if you have not met this guy ahah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ally312)
    I've got an interview for the 29th of Feb!!! :shock:
    Nicee one !!!! Well done , arr I am anxious to know what is happening with my application now , I just wanna call them and ask " It is a rejection right? " , sad times

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sumsum123)
    And I can compete too lool with mad malik ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVSEXPeOQk0 , arhh I miss him ! Not from Birmingham if you have not met this guy ahah
    I see your 'mad malik' and raise you 'the bradford jesus man'
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkuyT2_Hpsc

This guy got a message from god when he was 22, he has been wearing robes and living on the streets ever since. He is now in his 70s.

ReputationRep:
    What have I started?! Mad Malik hahaha oh my!

p.s. my interview last year was 2nd march, they do go on for a while x

ReputationRep:

Not forgetting the town drunk of course!

ReputationRep:
    I see your 'mad malik' and raise you 'the bradford jesus man'
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkuyT2_Hpsc

This guy got a message from god when he was 22, he has been wearing robes and living on the streets ever since. He is now in his 70s.
    Awww I have been outdone! Man , Bradford defo has some "interesting" characters I must say

ReputationRep:

looool ! Mad Malik used to make my day befo he dissappeared of into the sunset somewhere...
    Ahh! :cool: still time left. When do the majority of pre interview rejections come out nwai?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sumsum123)
    looool ! Mad Malik used to make my day befo he dissappeared of into the sunset somewhere...
    Ahh! :cool: still time left. When do the majority of pre interview rejections come out nwai?
    No idea! I thought they'd already start dishing loads out by now, think that's how it went last year? Looking at the stalking thread, all uni's seem to be taking their time this time round!

ReputationRep:
    No idea! I thought they'd already start dishing loads out by now, think that's how it went last year? Looking at the stalking thread, all uni's seem to be taking their time this time round!
    How many interviews are there for each date?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LTTP)
    Hey, could someone tell me which train station/coach station in Southampton is nearer to where they interview? I'm coming from Nottingham and have only been Southampton by car! thanks in advance
    I'm going up to nottingham by car tomorrow

just thought you'd like to know

try finding a megabus ticket....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BethaneyJ)
    The "one retake" rule is just for resitting a whole a level year, not just individual exams just to be le clear. You can retake more but they will want to know about extenuating circumstances and they will need to be good! xD
    Yep.

ReputationRep:
    How many interviews are there for each date?
    Depends entirely on the day, minimum i've seen is 3 BM6 most is about 8. They also run interviews for overseas and graduate students on the same day so there are quite a few candidates about on each date.

Might also be worth noting that anyone applying for the BM6 can reclaim up to £100 in travel expenses from the university if they get an interview. The forms should be given out by the students helping out at the time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NothingWorks)
    Might also be worth noting that anyone applying for the BM6 can reclaim up to £100 in travel expenses from the university if they get an interview. The forms should be given out by the students helping out at the time
    Another reason why £95 return flights are a bargain! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Mild panic has now set in. The 'Medical School Interviews' book has now been removed from the bookshelf once again.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for reminding me, I sent off for that and still haven't received my reimbursement... hmmm lol

Depends entirely on the day, minimum i've seen is 3 BM6 most is about 8. They also run interviews for overseas and graduate students on the same day so there are quite a few candidates about on each date.
    That's weird... how many d'you reckon they'll interview out of the 800 (ish) applicants?

(Original post by infernalcradle)

Tried it, nothing was available from Nottingham. but the train was EFFORT, messing about with transfers from Derby/Brum New street.

ReputationRep:
    Mild panic has now set in. The 'Medical School Interviews' book has now been removed from the bookshelf once again.
    What do you mean it is removed? Why? :confused:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 29, 2012
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.