Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carl_senior)
    That's good enough for me. Around 80 interviewed in total. Don't know if that makes it less or more scary lol
    it's not actually 80...

as whilst there is an average of 6-8 BM6 interviews everyweek CURRENTLY....

later on, when all the internationals/matures have been interviewed...then entire day will be BM6....hence they'll be getting through around 20 people a week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tzarchasm)
    :lol:

I have such a boring accent.
    how's the application going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infernalcradle)
    how's the application going?
    It's been boring, I wish they could give us a much quicker response. Other than that, I've been preparing for interviews in general and I realised I suck, horribly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a05aafzul)
    Tried it, nothing was available from Nottingham. but the train was EFFORT, messing about with transfers from Derby/Brum New street.
    Don't even get me started on trains/transfers! I go to Bangor every term to visit my boyfriend at uni and and I have to go Norwich-Ely-Nottingham-Derby-Crewe-Manchester-Bangor yet on the way back its only 2 transfers WHYYYYY

ReputationRep:
    Oh and NothingWorks will be back me up here by saying the norfolk accent is simply the best :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popsiclee67)
    Don't even get me started on trains/transfers! I go to Bangor every term to visit my boyfriend at uni and and I have to go Norwich-Ely-Nottingham-Derby-Crewe-Manchester-Bangor yet on the way back its only 2 transfers WHYYYYY
    I'm terrible at travelling on trains. I once sat on the wrong train, fell asleep on the train ended up in Manchester. Then had to buy a ticket for about £10 to get me back to my starting point. So I could get another train to go to my work experience destination. Surprisingly the doctor was relatively relaxed about it (I ended up coming 2 hours late on my first day), he sent his secretary to pick me up from the train station. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Besakt)
    I'm terrible at travelling on trains. I once sat on the wrong train, fell asleep on the train ended up in Manchester. Then had to buy a ticket for about £10 to get me back to my starting point. So I could get another train to go to my work experience destination. Surprisingly the doctor was relatively relaxed about it (I ended up coming 2 hours late on my first day), he sent his secretary to pick me up from the train station. :eek:
    Wow haha! Yeah I used to hate sleeping when I didn't know the stations, but now I just put headphones in and set an alarm for 15 minutes before my stop so I wake up on time :P

ReputationRep:
    Wow haha! Yeah I used to hate sleeping when I didn't know the stations, but now I just put headphones in and set an alarm for 15 minutes before my stop so I wake up on time :P
    I was extremely tired, I think I hadn't slept properly in days.
    Now I never sleep on the train, I just look out the window and think about life.

ReputationRep:
    I was extremely tired, I think I hadn't slept properly in days.
    Now I never sleep on the train, I just look out the window and think about life.
    I always do this, too :rolleyes:
    there's just something about travelling at sunrise as well, completely quiet, in the countryside

Oh and anyone catch latest Junior Doctors episode?

ReputationRep:
    I always do this, too :rolleyes:
    there's just something about travelling at sunrise as well, completely quiet, in the countryside

Oh and anyone catch latest Junior Doctors episode?
    I've never travelled at sunrise, but I go running in the morning it is beautiful. In the summer it's even better.

I don't have freeview and my internet is extremely slow so I will have to download it on iPlayer later. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I've never travelled at sunrise, but I go running in the morning it is beautiful. In the summer it's even better.

I don't have freeview and my internet is extremely slow so I will have to download it on iPlayer later. :lol:
    I love my morning runs
    & Ahh I see! I think, just as I expected, some people's opinions of them will change

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah, thur norfolk accent is a roight good'un! Can't say i'm that big of fan of the trains, getting back to naaah-ritch takes 4 changes, then getting back to Beccles a further 2 :/

I'm beggining to find junior doctors more worrying then entertaining :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tzarchasm)
    :lol:

I have such a boring accent.
    I did charity telecommunications for a bit and my supervisor told me this, straight up. I told here there's nothing I could do about that unless she payed me an extra pound an hour as a joke.

I don't work there anymore......:ahee:

ReputationRep:
    This is one of the funniest things I've read today. :rofl:

Manchester!!!! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Already having medicine related dreams... :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Already having medicine related dreams... :afraid:
    lol, what was it of?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medican)
    lol, what was it of?
    Haha I'm such a head case!

Basically, I dreamt that I had my BM6 interview and it went really really well. It was more like a chat than an interview. In fact it went so well that the interviewers told me that they would be giving me an unconditional offer. So i was absolutely ecstatic, I went home and told everyone, I changed my facebook 'studies at' option, I applied for accomodation etc. Then when UCAS track eventually updated, I saw BM6 - 'unsuccessful'. It was the single most devastating moment of my life. The utter deflation and despair actually woke me up

ReputationRep:
    weird.. i just got rejected from Durham university for the medicine A100 course. The thing is I didnt even apply to them. how did they get my details... LOL! Still not heard from anywhere

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cobra2k10)
    weird.. i just got rejected from Durham university for the medicine A100 course. The thing is I didnt even apply to them. how did they get my details... LOL! Still not heard from anywhere
    That's weird! I'd be tempted to ring and ask what's going on. I'd also ring UCAS just to check that they haven't sent your applications off to the wrong places.
    There are occasional mix ups where people get rejected from a different course at a university that they applied to etc

ReputationRep:
    Haha I'm such a head case!

Basically, I dreamt that I had my BM6 interview and it went really really well. It was more like a chat than an interview. In fact it went so well that the interviewers told me that they would be giving me an unconditional offer. So i was absolutely ecstatic, I went home and told everyone, I changed my facebook 'studies at' option, I applied for accomodation etc. Then when UCAS track eventually updated, I saw BM6 - 'unsuccessful'. It was the single most devastating moment of my life. The utter deflation and despair actually woke me up
    Wow, what a nightmare!

Interesting fact, 90% of your dream is forgotten 10 minutes after you wake up from it.

:emo:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 29, 2012

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.