The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by carl_senior
It's really easy to get to the uni from the city centre. You'll be fine! :biggrin:
As long as they're in the afternoon then it's fine for me, my plane lands in soton at 10am so that gives me time to chill out and have a coffee and go over some answers.

I hope so :s-smilie: I want to try and get there for mid-day at latest so there's plenty of time, but the coach can take over 5hrs, and the train about 4 and a half, so yeah confused :confused: :redface:
Original post by Ally312
I hope so :s-smilie: I want to try and get there for mid-day at latest so there's plenty of time, but the coach can take over 5hrs, and the train about 4 and a half, so yeah confused :confused: :redface:

Thats why I wanted to fly rather than get the coach :s-smilie:
but yeah once you get into southampton it's just one bus to the campus.
Thats why I wanted to fly rather than get the coach :s-smilie:
but yeah once you get into southampton it's just one bus to the campus.

What (approx.) time do you think the interview will be? I'm trying not to worry but the panics beginning to settle in and that's just about getting there. :redface:
Original post by Ally312
What (approx.) time do you think the interview will be? I'm trying not to worry but the panics beginning to settle in and that's just about getting there. :redface:

Last year they started at about 1pm if I remember correctly. Just email them and ask for an afternoon slot.
Interviews are normally held between 2 and 5/6 but i'd advise you get a there a little earlier, i'm helping at the interviews this wednesday, will try and get you a diffinitve answer for number being held
Original post by NothingWorks
Interviews are normally held between 2 and 5/6 but i'd advise you get a there a little earlier, i'm helping at the interviews this wednesday, will try and get you a diffinitve answer for number being held

will it just be the interview,or will the be a tour of the uni?
Original post by bubble3004
will it just be the interview,or will the be a tour of the uni?

I'm hoping there will be a tour this time, as there wasn't last year. Maybe NothingWorks can answer this one?
Original post by Ally312

I now have the email. It says 'scheduled for the afternoon of the 29th of Feb' :biggrin:
Feels official now!
I now have the email. It says 'scheduled for the afternoon of the 29th of Feb' :biggrin:
Feels official now!

did you reply to the email.

mine says reply to confirm you will be able to attend,but i don that on the phone
Original post by bubble3004
did you reply to the email.

mine says reply to confirm you will be able to attend,but i don that on the phone

Yep, replied by email just to be sure.
Last year they started at about 1pm if I remember correctly. Just email them and ask for an afternoon slot.

Feels official now!

Yes I've got the e-mail now :smile: And it feels weird now it's all in writing lol.

I called them up to confirm my attendance and let them know what kind of time would be good 'cause I now have an idea of the coach times... but 7h hours :s-smilie:
Original post by Ally312
Yes I've got the e-mail now :smile: And it feels weird now it's all in writing lol.

I called them up to confirm my attendance and let them know what kind of time would be good 'cause I now have an idea of the coach times... but 7h hours :s-smilie:

It does. It seems all official now. The 7 hr trip is why I didnt want to go by coach.
It doesn't include a tour, but I gues if you would like I could show you around afterwards
It doesn't include a tour, but I gues if you would like I could show you around afterwards

Are you around on the 29th? :smile: Snooping around the campus by yourself just isn't quite the same.
Yeah i'll be here, i'm not officially helping out at the interviews but i'll wander down when you've finished and show you where stuff is, do you just want to see the campus? I could show you Glen Eyre aswell as it's fairly close
Yeah i'll be here, i'm not officially helping out at the interviews but i'll wander down when you've finished and show you where stuff is, do you just want to see the campus? I could show you Glen Eyre aswell as it's fairly close

Either one would be good! Last year I just wondered around the campus for half an hour and then got on the bus back to the city centre :s-smilie:
alright, well let me know the time of your interview and i'll head down to meet you on the way out

Or anytime after 2pm, I have lectures up until then.
(edited 12 years ago)
The junior doctors show was awesome! I actually choked up when Lucy was talking to her patient ( Robert I fink ?) and Andy is hilarious :tongue:
It does. It seems all official now. The 7 hr trip is why I didnt want to go by coach.

I know :frown:

My Dad wants to come with me to Soton so at least I won't be stuck for 7hrs on the coach by myself. :smile: Though looking at the coach times it's gonna be a tight squeeze as I'll only be there for like 3 hours before going home again.
Do you know by any chance know where parents might be able to wait while I'm doing the interview? Can they wait in the waiting rooms? Do there even be parents there? Sorry for bombarding you with questions but I'm just wondering what he'll have to do. :s-smilie:
Parents usually wait by reception, but there is a cafe in building 85 if they so wish. The interviewees are collected every 10 minutes or so by a current student and taken down past the cafe to where the interviews are held.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending