Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robbiee)
    that's another thing I've noticed in Bocconi; people saying BIEMF is easier.

I live with other 3 Bocconi students, two of them do CLEAM (italian mgmt) and we're doing the same exact things, we even study together, I just do it in English.

For all degrees (apart Law and the Mgmt for Arts and Culture) the first year and a half is the same exact curriculum.
    The only exception is Private Law, which BIEMF has half the book; however, if you think about, it makes sense. Why would an international class need to study in depth the Italian Legal System? Thus I understand the reduced amount for that (and btw the exam I believe is the same, but I don't want to say silly things)
    For all the other courses (apart the Management course in first semester) the books are exactly the same, just translated differently.

In Third year you get to choose the electives, which can be chosen by all degrees (if coherent with the degree I suppose). And so fare we have had the same exams too.

Hence I don't understand why people say it's easier.
    it's like asking: why people say ACME / CLEACC is easier. because is a matter of fact and something that everyone knows in bocconi.

plus we've all said that GPAs are higher in biemf, so why that? if the course is as difficult as the other undergrad courses there should be no difference

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomFord)
    it's like asking: why people say ACME / CLEACC is easier. because is a matter of fact and something that everyone knows in bocconi.

plus we've all said that GPAs are higher in biemf, so why that? if the course is as difficult as the other undergrad courses there should be no difference
    Didn't know about GPAs!

however those were my impressions so far. Easier or not easier I reckon the reputation is the same

Anyways I'm just a first year, I'm sure TomFord (love the nick ahah) knows better than me!

ReputationRep:
    Btw, if you are at Bocconi it's way better to be at the BIEMF that in any other courses. You study the same things but you get higher grades which leads to and higher final score and to more exchange opportunities...

Having said that, everyone says that the Good Looking Women / Men Ratio is pretty higher there than in CLES, CLEAM and CLEF, and that's a point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cruel3a)
    Btw, if you are at Bocconi it's way better to be at the BIEMF that in any other courses. You study the same things but you get higher grades which leads to and higher final score and to more exchange opportunities...

Having said that, everyone says that the Good Looking Women / Men Ratio is pretty higher there than in CLES, CLEAM and CLEF, and that's a point.
    I like this guy's priorities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cruel3a)
    Yes, the cultural things is also one of the reasons for the small number of people in FO from BSc.
    Dartmouth should not be to difficult. Also UC Berkeley, UCLA, USC, Cornell, UMichigan, Darren should not be that much hard.
    But yes, Stern, Wharton, Princeton and Columbia are hard to get in. Not impossible but you have to work you ass off.
    hello...when you are talking about all those exchange that Bocconi offers for top students, how much would an exchange last?can you go abroad for a whole year?

ReputationRep:
    No, I think usually the longest exchanges at Bocconi last 6 months. Btw if you go on the university website, at the international relations page, you can check it by your own.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sitting on an offer for Aberdeen econ and soas development economics. Have A*A*AA predicted but missed lse cause I'm a resit due to family issues in my last year at school. A levels chem bio econ and gov pol. Do you think it would be vAlid to go for the fall admissions cycle for bocconi's English taught program? I definitely see a career in IB/consulting as rather yummy, but mostly looking for a prestige qualification to nail a kick ass MBA later from ivy league/HEC/INSEAD. Any thoughts? Italian wouldn't be a problem since I speak fluent Portuguese... Mostly thinking whether the course has good standing academically versus a UK based Economics one. Can u major in econ only from bocconi?

Am a bit lost right now so would appreciate help.

Love

ReputationRep:
    I would try to get in at Bocconi. It would allow you to get a job in a top tier company and this would help you to get in a kick ass program at the MBA level.

No, the english program at Bocconi allow you to major in Economics, Finance and maybe Management (not sure about this last one).

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I am an A-level student deciding on my final University choice and im stuck on whether to choose Manchester University for Management with International Business Economics or ESADE with its Bachelor in Business Administration. I know that ESADE is the Best Undergrad Business School in Spain but Id want to know if Manchester could be compared to ESADE or even be better. Does anyone have some experience with these universities or could give a valued opinion? Thanks

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.