Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm incapable of making decisions watch

As the title states, I literally spend my days worrying and frowning about decisions I'm incapable of making.

I'm not from a bad family at all and have always worked hard and achieved my goals but now I'm in some kind of pit of confusion. I've suddenly decided with mere weeks to go until freshers is over that uni isn't for me. This semester I've lost all motivation to attend and have coursework due that I'm not even looking at.

It seem so stupid because my university is in the russel group and took some dedication to get into but my interests lie in the arts and not academic writing any longer.

However I'm too scared to leave university as it messes up friends plans with housing, pretty much guarantees I will never get a degree and throws my life into uncertainty as to whether I will ever succeed in a competitive industry.

Do I just go for it, waste no time at all and give it everything I've got? Or do I spend two years building a safety net and fighting off my passions and endure a course I have no interest in completing? I've heard the same argument from every friend I have "Just get a degree you need it" while my family says "A degree guarantees nothing, follow your heart and if all else fails work for yourself." I just don't know anymore..

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 2, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.