Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Ok ok, theres a Russian girl at uni who looks like a model, perfect figure beautiful etc and makes pretty much every other girl I know(and ones I dont) look plain in comparison

Anyway we got talking and shes really sweet on me as shes a tiny bit insecure and because most men treat her like an object because of her looks and we are getting close.

What is intimitdating me is I am 4 stone overweight and a plain guy but she seems to really like me for me.

I really like her but "dont feel good enough for her"

But seriously I have to say it again how gorgeous this girl is!

ReputationRep:
    "she seems to really like me for me"

What gives you this impression exactly?

And secondly, are you actually asking a question, or just stating something? (sincere question)

ReputationRep:
    maybe she sees a good friend in you, if you don't have confidence in yourself then she sure as heck won't see it, it's a bit annoying when guys don't understand girls can have male friends, what's wrong with being a good friend to her until you gain some confidence at least...
    i say back off and don't blow a potential friendship at least and you may act differently but you still obviously think the same as all those other guys which is a bit insulting to her if she thought you were different.

(Original post by Sovietpride)
    "she seems to really like me for me"

What gives you this impression exactly?

And secondly, are you actually asking a question, or just stating something? (sincere question)
    Well I dont know an exact question but just wanted general advice on what people think on the situation.

Well she told me she likes me and I am the sweetest guy I know, has said she wants to see me again and in a conversation we had I said I thought I wasnt the best looking sort of guy and she told me theres nothing wrong with me, I have a nice smile and am really sweet etc.

ReputationRep:
    Make hay whilst the sun shines dear boy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well I dont know an exact question but just wanted general advice on what people think on the situation.

Well she told me she likes me and I am the sweetest guy I know, has said she wants to see me again and in a conversation we had I said I thought I wasnt the best looking sort of guy and she told me theres nothing wrong with me, I have a nice smile and am really sweet etc.
    Um. I presume she said that.
    In either case, only advice i can give you is that which has already been said:
    be sure of if it's "like" or "like like" before making any rash move. Nothing wrong with being friends first =P

(Original post by Sovietpride)
    Um. I presume she said that.
    In either case, only advice i can give you is that which has already been said:
    be sure of if it's "like" or "like like" before making any rash move. Nothing wrong with being friends first =P
    Well, she does stuff like blush and push her hair back and stare at me and a lot of giggling etc.

ReputationRep:
    Well, she does stuff like blush and push her hair back and stare at me and a lot of giggling etc.
    If you haven't made her face look like an iced bun within the week then give up being a man

ReputationRep:
    well they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. SO while you might be seeing a beautiful russian model... other people might be seeing something quite different.

ReputationRep:
    You asked her out yet? Otherwise you're probably just the fat friend.

ReputationRep:
    4 stone overweight?! Having said that bmi can be rather f*cked up on the whole under/overweight thing. I would highly recommend against using her low self-esteem, that is just unconscionable. I think more expansion of 'getting close' is needed for advice

ReputationRep:
    Ok ok, theres a Russian girl at uni who looks like a model, perfect figure beautiful etc and makes pretty much every other girl I know(and ones I dont) look plain in comparison

Anyway we got talking and shes really sweet on me as shes a tiny bit insecure and because most men treat her like an object because of her looks and we are getting close.

What is intimitdating me is I am 4 stone overweight and a plain guy but she seems to really like me for me.

I really like her but "dont feel good enough for her"

But seriously I have to say it again how gorgeous this girl is!
    This should be motivation for you to hit the treadmill hard and start looking like jazzy jazz hands.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 2, 2011
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.