Turn on thread page Beta

Why do guys stop putting in effort when they have you? watch

ReputationRep:
    You are acting like you are superior to him judging by your way of speaking.
    Honestly, relationships are about equal to the person you are with, not making the other slave away for you. If this is not applicable, amongst other things you could:

a) Talk to him, and tell him directly
    b) Put some effort in yourself, see if indirectly he gets the message and puts some effort in as well
    c) Leave him and find someone you will love, and who will make you happy

That said, I wouldn't say it happens to all guys, as it has never happened to me. In fact, I've found the opposite happens, they usually put in a lot more effort once they are going out with me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    Now I remember why I choose to stay single for so long, why am I not superised that this is happening to me...my gosh.. lol..

So I agreed to his girlfriend, he liked me for soo long, he was treating me good and was VERY sweet and attentive, I felt like he deserved me, he was so sweet he made my heart warm. But as soon as I agreed to be his girl his mood changed-- all that sweet stuff stopped! He used to call me beautiful daily- now all he does is compliment my ass actually as a matter of fact since we've been a couple that's the only nice thing he has said about me. He used to tell me he missed me, use to hug me, now nothing. He tells me to go make him food- I dont find that amusing at all, I know he's playing but it's so jerky the way he says it. But he expects me to be sweet to him and when im not im RUDE- i am rude when when Im not getting treated the way I want and if he cant im telling him to get the f outta my face. We're not married I could leave whenever.

What's the deal boyz?
    Both as bad as one another.

ReputationRep:
    yet another example of a girl who suffers from the princess complex.

ReputationRep:
    I find this pretty normal to be honest.. I'm not saying it's nice, just expected and foreseeable. Especially when a guy is THAT much nice in the beginning, he can't keep on being like this forever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    Oh dear, it's so tough, isn't it :camp: A guy not treating you like an absolute goddess :rolleyes: No one cares. That bold line in particular makes you sound like an arrogant little *****. No wonder he doesn't care about you.
    oooooh biatch! :catfight:

ReputationRep:
    Think of it like fishing, when your trying to reel in the catch you are doing so with all your effort not to let it get away. Once you have it in the bucket and are certain it won't leave your attention will be diverted. If you knew that fish in the bucket was going to jump out, you would certainly be doing an awful lot more to keep it there...

ReputationRep:
    because he has 'won'you now, chase is over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RequiemForADream)
    Get a new guy. Problem solved.
    Stay single. Problem solved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    Stay single. Problem solved.
    Fine. Either way = problem solved.
    But you surely don't want to be on your own.
    Being single isn't fun, trust me

ReputationRep:
    Fine. Either way = problem solved.
    But you surely don't want to be on your own.
    Being single isn't fun, trust me
    n'awwww :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaylafrances)
    n'awwww :hugs:
    Thanks, I needed a hug

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I needed a hug
    hah me too boriiing

ReputationRep:
    Because he has you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaylafrances)
    hah me too boriiing
    Aww :hugs:

Wait, were you calling me boring? A hug and an insult?

ReputationRep:
    Both sides should be putting the effort in, otherwise the relationship is pretty much dead. It's not the guy or the girls sole responsibility.

You get out what you put in after all.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.