Turn on thread page Beta

Would you be offended by these texts? watch

I had sex with a boy quite a while ago, and hadn't really spoken to him since. Yesterday I text him asking if he was doing anything later, and replied saying yeah he was with friends etc so i replied saying not to worry then. Then like five minutes later I got this:
    'You looked sexy today (he's in my economics class). I had a right mind to drag you somewhere haha x' - yes, note the word 'drag'
    Then the rest of the conversation went like this:
    Me: 'Sure you're busy tonight then? haha'
    Him: 'Yeah If I took you somewhere in school next week would you come?'
    Me: 'Lol where is there in school?'
    Him: 'Text me on Monday morning and we'll find somewhere. Sex would be too bait but there's other stuff we can do x'

I know I did have sex with him, and the "sure you're busy tonight'' bit was a bit inviting but still, is this rude?!

If you are uncomfortable with texts like that, then yes it is rude. Tell him you would prefer not to be sent provocative things or that you would like to spend time with him which doesn't automatically lead onto sex.

One of the blokes I've been seeing is like that. He turns every innocent thing you say to him into a sex-related comment. It gets on my nerves. I told him so. He tends to be a bit more polite on text messages now - after all, you never know who might end up reading them...

ReputationRep:
    I don't think its that rude. When he says drag, I think he's just complimenting you, ie you're so sexy that he's forced to drag you away. I don't think he's looking down on you there.

I think that because you sort of invited him as well, he must have felt comfortable making a few jokes with you. I suppose you could find it rude, but it would be stupid to see it as rude because obviously he's complimenting you.

ReputationRep:
    it's only rude if you think it is which you do. So it's your fault for not standing up for yourself and saying something to him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    If you are uncomfortable with texts like that, then yes it is rude. Tell him you would prefer not to be sent provocative things or that you would like to spend time with him which doesn't automatically lead onto sex.

One of the blokes I've been seeing is like that. He turns every innocent thing you say to him into a sex-related comment. It gets on my nerves. I told him so. He tends to be a bit more polite on text messages now - after all, you never know who might end up reading them...
    edit: sorry nvm, got a bit confused

ReputationRep:
    because you hadn't spokn to him in a while you kinda gave him the impression thats what you wanted. Even if you didnt! Also with the follow up texts you made it seem as if you would.

ReputationRep:
    It is a bit rude, yeah. By 'there's other stuff we can do' he is basically saying he just wants a BJ, amirite? What is in it for you?
    Plus he is not willing to see you in his free time, I mean fair enough he was busy that night but there are other nights??
    My advice? Don't text him on Monday. Don't be that girl.

ReputationRep:
    Bleh. For a moment it sounded like he was trying to text someone else entirely.

(Original post by Broken_Circles)
    It is a bit rude, yeah. By 'there's other stuff we can do' he is basically saying he just wants a BJ, amirite? What is in it for you?
    Plus he is not willing to see you in his free time, I mean fair enough he was busy that night but there are other nights??
    My advice? Don't text him on Monday. Don't be that girl.
    Haha yeah think a BJ is on the cards!

Do you think he means somwhere 'private' like toilets or somewhere where there's a possibility of getting caught, like an empty classroom?

ReputationRep:
    yeah and you sound too keen, probably why he thinks he can talk to you like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Haha yeah think a BJ is on the cards!

Do you think he means somwhere 'private' like toilets or somewhere where there's a possibility of getting caught, like an empty classroom?
    In all probability, he means the toilets. And the boys toilets at that. Ewwww.
    Don't do that to yourself.

ReputationRep:
    it's not rude at all.he meant drag in a cheeky way

ReputationRep:
    It's not rude because he's already tapped you.

You're his ***** now.

ReputationRep:
    You did have sex with him, and from what you said, you didn't speak to him for a while, and then asked if he was doing anything.

Even if you didn't mean to, you made it sound like you wanted more sexytime with him. Its rude if you didn't mean that, but at the same time, from anybody else's point of view, it did appear that way. If you're not comfortable with it, say so. Don't be 'that girl' unless you actualy want to. Be careful

ReputationRep:
    personally I wouldn't like to be spoken to like that, so I would have told him straight up to cut it out, but I think the way you replied to his text made him think that you don't mind him talking to you like that, it even sounded like you were enjoyin it, and only thought the better of it afterwards.

if you don't like it then tell him so

ReputationRep:
    He was flirting, and giving you a compliment. I don't see how you got offended :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Its only because you were a **** in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think you should text him on Monday.

I don't see how being dragged into some school toilets to give a guy a BJ would be beneficial to you in the slightest.

ReputationRep:
    There is nothing wrong with those texts

ReputationRep:
    If you guys are going to be 'friends with benefits' then no, there's nothing wrong with those texts.

If you don't want that though, then you need to say so. Otherwise....have fun on Monday

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 2, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.