Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I need some advice.
    For a little over 3 months I've been talking to this girl (we actually got back in contact on new years day ), we text, call and go on web-cam everyday ^^. In total I'd say I spend at least 4 hours a day doing so. I really like her, and she keeps telling me she loves me etc. The problem is she lives... in Switzerland, she left England about a year ago, at which point we were friends but not particularly close, I'm kicking myself not for acting on how I felt it sooner though- and she says the same thing. Another problem is we're both only 17, so it's not as though I can just decide to head over there one weekend - not that my parents would understand anyway since they don't even know. I'm not even sure that anyone can offer me advice, as far as I can see I'd have to wait until I'm in uni, and wont need the permission of my parents; but, that's at least 20 months away, I don't think either of us can wait that long! What should I do TSR?

ReputationRep:
    - Only.been chatting three months via internet.
    -She lives 1000 miles away, probably much more.
    -You won't even get to see each other in person.
    - You're only 17...

Conclusion: It's puppy love.

Solution: Get over it and find some pussy closer to home.

ReputationRep:
    I have several friends who have been able to overcome the difficulties of LDR over extended periods of time / getting to know each other through Internet.

I guess it comes down to whether you are willing to wait 20 months for someone, if you geniunely love each other and you are 'representing' yourselves accurately over the Internet.

Maybe you could take to skyping / sending things via snail mail, to get a more personal insight of each other, and perhaps save up for a journey to Switzerland / for her to come here.
    ~If it didn't work out, well, you have a pot of money for something else~

ReputationRep:

Listen to this and drink.

ReputationRep:
    Don't do it. When you meet her she will ask you if you want to go to a party. She will offer to come and pick you up to find out where you live. Then next thing you know 4 men in balaclavas will come and get you from your hotel and sell you to the sex trade.

Young 17 year old boys are jackpot for sex lords.

If you do decide to go, become adopted by Liam Neeson.

(Original post by Yawn11)
    - Only.been chatting free months via internet.
    -She lives 1000 miles away, probably much more.
    -You won't even get to see each other in person.
    - You're only 17...

Conclusion: It's puppy love.

Solution: Get over it and find some pussy closer to home.
    I did have a girlfriend here, until a month or so ago but I broke up, because of the other girl. However we both agreed it'd be stupid to get into a relationship together, since long distance is always doomed to fail, but the way we speak to each other we might as well be in one. Oh and it's actually 623 miles (thank you google maps), from my door to hers... I have money, so I guess the eurostar could be an option, I'd have to convince my parents though *sigh*. Maybe it is puppy love? I don't know, but it's certainly stronger than with any other girl...

(Original post by wm123)
    Don't do it. When you meet her she will ask you if you want to go to a party. She will offer to come and pick you up to find out where you live. Then next thing you know 4 men in balaclavas will come and get you from your hotel and sell you to the sex trade.

Young 17 year old boys are jackpot for sex lords.

If you do decide to go, become adopted by Liam Neeson.
    Thank you for the serious answer.

ReputationRep:
    If she cared enough she would do this...

ReputationRep:
    Shouldn't need permission from your parents if you're a good lad, save up and really want to see her - that being so, I'd tell them that you're still in touch and make sure they know how close y'all are

If they're reasonable there's no reason they shouldn't let you go visit the gal for a short break during the hols or somet Alternatively she could always come to you - assume you know her parents etc?

(Original post by Yawn11)
    If she cared enough she would do this...

lmao, this is like her favourite song!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 2, 2011
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.