Turn on thread page Beta

Can you really love someone after 2 weeks? watch

My boyfriend said " I love you" 2 weeks after our first date, and about a month after we first met. It was the first time we were staying together overnight (no we didn't have sex), and he'd got me topless and we were kissing in bed and he said it.....it was weird.

We're still together 8 months later, but do you think he really loved me back then ater only 2 weeks?

ReputationRep:
    people are different. he might have, he might have felt what he thought was love as he hadn't felt it before, who knows. Me personally? no I couldn't.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, if you're a fictional character from a romance story.

Saying I love you, the quickest way to get a chick to get her kit off.

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing he saw boobies and got over-excited.

ReputationRep:
    He's a wizard.

ReputationRep:
    Probably not, I dont know how old you and him are, but young people today have the tendency to say "I love you" all the time, he probably just ment "I realy like you"

ReputationRep:
    I said it to my gf second night we were together. 5 months on and I still do. So yeah, I'd say so

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I think it's mistaken. It's just a very affectionate feeling but after 6months, 1 year, 2 years - these feelings develop but its still coined as 'i love you' like the one from the first weeks. Being together for so long just lets you fantasize and justify the person really did love you back then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My boyfriend said " I love you" 2 weeks after our first date, and about a month after we first met. It was the first time we were staying together overnight (no we didn't have sex), and he'd got me topless and we were kissing in bed and he said it.....it was weird.

We're still together 8 months later, but do you think he really loved me back then ater only 2 weeks?
    :lolwut:
    That would freak me out tbh.

ReputationRep:

I don't know, but I know I told my girlfriend that I loved her before I asked her out. We were on the phone because I'm about 3 hours away at college.

Our 6 month anniversary is coming up (9th) so I'm excited about that; it all depends on the person; your boyfriend seems like a great guy, who knows?

I know I loved my girlfriend when I told her.

ReputationRep:

Maybe he is very emotional guy who falls in love too quickly. My ex said it, 2 weeks in to the relationship and now 5 years after we broke up he is still saying it. You're still together so it can't worry you that much, I think 2 weeks is too early to say it whether you feel it or not cos at that point in a relationship feelings can play tricks. Get out of the honeymoon period and see how he feels then.

ReputationRep:
    When you say two weeks after your first date, how long had you known eachother beforehand?

I love my boyfriend, and I think I knew I would grow to love him right from the start. We are very similiar in our opinions, and want the same things in our future, and we get on well. When we first got together, I knew we would be together for a long time, unless something about him completely changed. It hasn't, and we're still together now over a year later, and we are both seriously talking about getting marreid and having children etc etc. As long as neither of us changes too drastically (which I fully understand might happen, since we are still young) I can completely see this happening.

I don't reckon he meant he loved you then - probably more in the heat of the moment. But I can see that he might have really meant that he could see you being together a long time - he thought he would seriously grow to love you.

I don't know, noone can say really, and it'll be different for everyone.

ReputationRep:
    My bf accidently said it 2 weeks after we met, we laugh about it now but he was so embarrassed at the time. It went a little like this -
    "Omg you're so sweet I love you " eeeek it was a real cringe moment lol.

It might not be real at that stage but that's not to say that it wont develop into love.

Btw, we're still together 3 and a half years later and love each other to pieces

ReputationRep:
    This has bothered you for eight months? Quite frankly it's irrelevant if he did or not now, surely?

ReputationRep:
    took me about 2-3 months. He might have thought he did, i don't know enough about life I'm afraid! who knows?

ReputationRep:
    Nah, love takes time to form, and by time I mean longer than 2 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Love is what is left after the lust has disappeared.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    Yeah, if you're a fictional character from a romance story.

Saying I love you, the quickest way to get a chick to get her kit off.
    True dat

My boyfriend said it to me two weeks in, and I said it back. We both definitely meant it. We then found out the other week that we both felt it sooner but neither wanted to say it in case the other didn't say it back :P It's definitely possible, but make sure he wasn't just saying it because he thought it would make the kissing in bed go further!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he felt something he had never felt before and used the word love?

I mean people don't exactly go around saying I lust you or you infactuate me, do they? :lol:

:dontknow:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.