ReputationRep:
    Yeah i'm on Rg but i'm struggling

(Original post by Chemistry 456)
    Is anyone still up and on Rg?
    am and i really want finish this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happymonkey7)
    am and i really want finish this
    So do I. Previous comments say use hypergeometric distribution. Does anyone know what that is?

ReputationRep:
    Same but I reckon if we all work together then we can get it done. I googled it and glycine has a molar mass of 75.1. But as they are in a chain that means that they will lose a water of each molecule of glycine except for the end ones. So I was thinking if we put 57.1+18 (that equals 1 glycine) the we continue to add 57 (which is glycine without a water group) the eventually we should get to the right answer what do you think?

So do I. Previous comments say use hypergeometric distribution. Does anyone know what that is?
    have no idea...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john smilth)
    Same but I reckon if we all work together then we can get it done. I googled it and glycine has a molar mass of 75.1. But as they are in a chain that means that they will lose a water of each molecule of glycine except for the end ones. So I was thinking if we put 57.1+18 (that equals 1 glycine) the we continue to add 57 (which is glycine without a water group) the eventually we should get to the right answer what do you think?
    It is worth a try

ReputationRep:
    I read back earlier in the forum that it's bigger than 500 but there was a message saying it was smaller than 2000 but then the said that was wrong so I believe that one of us should start at 500 ( actually 531 then you add on 57 each time and try it) the next person starts at 1000 (1044 same reason as before) and if we have a third he/she starts at 1500 (1500 same reason as before)

ReputationRep:
    Not that tried them all

ReputationRep:
    Not that tried them all
    Poo

can't think anymore...im going to bed... good luck with rg guys

if u guys manage to get the answer plzz PM hints

ReputationRep:
    Any luck?

ReputationRep:
    Any luck?
    No

ReputationRep:
    No
    I'm going to continue this later night

ReputationRep:
    If you get any closer please PM me

ReputationRep:
    Still trying here I got 75.07 for Mr of glycine then + 2 for the N15 then I add 57.07 each time so kinda looks like - (75.07+2) x n(57.07) ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smithy17)
    Still trying here I got 75.07 for Mr of glycine then + 2 for the N15 then I add 57.07 each time so kinda looks like - (75.07+2) x n(57.07) ?
    Any other ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had any luck with Rg

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had any luck with Rg
    No and I'm beyond frustrated!! I have no idea how to even have a go uGH

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 18, 2016

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.