Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollyh77)
    Same
    No idea where to start...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chemistry 456)
    Can I have some help on entry - I think I have found what but I can't find who. Help please
    The symbol on the top right shows the sign for the Nobel Prize in Chemistry award. All the women would have therefore achieved the award. Therefore, all you need to do is search up female scientists who have received the prize.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else stuck on Rg? I have an 11 letter code which I believe is almost correct, but I can't quite get it to work.

EDIT: Solved it - people should bear in mind it wants the name of the substance, not its code as the question implies.

ReputationRep:
    Any help on copper please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snakefingers13)
    Anyone else stuck on Rg? I have an 11 letter code which I believe is almost correct, but I can't quite get it to work.

EDIT: Solved it - people should bear in mind it wants the name of the substance, not its code as the question implies.
    I feel bad for asking this because it annoys me when people ask me buuuut..
    Any hints for gold?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HappyCheesecake)
    The symbol on the top right shows the sign for the Nobel Prize in Chemistry award. All the women would have therefore achieved the award. Therefore, all you need to do is search up female scientists who have received the prize.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chemistry 456)
    Thank you
    You're welcome

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone done Rg??

ReputationRep:
    RG anyone? i don't even know what it says

ReputationRep:
    how about gold? how do we identify substance X?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smithy17)
    Has anyone done Rg??
    Have you got any hints for copper? I have things like mass but it is not working

ReputationRep:
    for copper, think about the backgroud picture, what he is doing and what property should be taken in to consideration

ReputationRep:
    do we actually use Kf=1.853?
    Im confused...

ReputationRep:
    I'm really stuck on Cu...what is the guy in the background doing? I can't really see him! If anyone knows what property and feels like sharing...or at least what the red atoms are in C... it would be really really helpful!!

ReputationRep:
    yeah help would be apreciated on cu i cant see what hes doing either

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I'm in year 12 and wanna begin doing these challenges. How can I go about learning the chemistry for this? Besides my AS course.

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dylann)
    Hey guys I'm in year 12 and wanna begin doing these challenges. How can I go about learning the chemistry for this? Besides my AS course.

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Im in same year as you but google everything-you learn a lot from these challenges actually. Have you started organic yet though coz that'd be helpful... chemguide is a great website.

ReputationRep:
    Well the atoms in red look like oxygen with there double bonds but i'm really confused with this one

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john smilth)
    Well the atoms in red look like oxygen with there double bonds but i'm really confused with this one

Posted from TSR Mobile
    D'you mean the ones in C? I think they are oxygen, cos if they are it matches something called Thiocyanatoiron...do you happen to know what F is? I'm so stuck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollyleaf988)
    I'm really stuck on Cu...what is the guy in the background doing? I can't really see him! If anyone knows what property and feels like sharing...or at least what the red atoms are in C... it would be really really helpful!!
    The guy in the background is Isaac Newton (that should help you to work out what you are finding out to put in order)

tell me if you need more help

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 18, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.