Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DororoW)
    For copper do you get symbols as Na,K,Fe,Ag,Sn,Au,Hg,Pb
    Yeh but you want the missing ones from the trend - compare the element names with their symbols

ReputationRep:
    guys can i have help with silver i get maybe theres a in written code in the numbers down the page but im confused and my head hurts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robb2304)
    guys can i have help with silver i get maybe theres a in written code in the numbers down the page but im confused and my head hurts
    Look at the formula for the compound that the fire extinguisher in the picture contains. Notice anything?

ReputationRep:
    No don't over-think this!! It's about halons- molecules consisting of carbon, maybe hydrogen and at least one halogen. The numbers on the left are the halon numbers and the right their molar masses. Good luck!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    any hints for gold?

ReputationRep:
    Did it! Eugh I forgot STP is different to RTP which cost me about 20 minutes :lol:

ReputationRep:
    okay guys i cant understand why this is wrong so i will go through my reasoning
    i think the way the numbers work is the first number is the number of carbons the second is f 3 cl 4 br 5 i so e.g 1211 CF2Cl1Br1= 165.4 mr
    i did this for the others and it worked unless ive made mistakes without noticing
    so for 54321 i got as C5F4Cl3Br2I then H2 so its saturated thus this gives me
    5*12+4*19+3*35.5+2*79.9+1*126.9+ 2*1=531.2 but this is wrong would apreciate help

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    okay guys i cant understand why this is wrong so i will go through my reasoning
    i think the way the numbers work is the first number is the number of carbons the second is f 3 cl 4 br 5 i so e.g 1211 CF2Cl1Br1= 165.4 mr
    i did this for the others and it worked unless ive made mistakes without noticing
    so for 54321 i got as C5F4Cl3Br2I then H2 so its saturated thus this gives me
    5*12+4*19+3*35.5+2*79.9+1*126.9+ 2*1=531.2 but this is wrong would apreciate help
    Why does it need to be saturated?

Spoiler that (almost) solution too.

ReputationRep:
    omg lol i got tricked bty hydrogen comment above ty for help

ReputationRep:
    Yeah there's no need for hydrogen, obviously sometimes in real life it's there but theoretically there could just be some C=C bonds.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone help me with gold please

ReputationRep:
    i second alow, please spoiler that almost solution!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjhalo3)
    Can someone help me with gold please
    find out what kind of structure it is

ReputationRep:
    Can I help on gold please

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm still stuck on entry hahaha, can someone help me please?

Don't worry now, I've got it

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help me with copper please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economicsrocks)
    Can i have some help with entry?

ReputationRep:
    Hint for Rg:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    it will help if you know A2 physics exponential decay and half life equations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economicsrocks)
    a small hint for copper-
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The highlighted elements have something in common, there's a few more which also have this in common-they are the missing elements

ReputationRep:
    Gold?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 18, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.