Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeoMantys)
    Did anyone get email from Cambridge yet? (If you got 50% or more) Cause I'm still clueless on how I did.
    No email yet, I'm unsure of the process, I think you have to wait until moderation is finished and then the boundaries are sorted, so estimating, it should be around the first week of July for the boundaries to be posted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Protoxylic)
    No email yet, I'm unsure of the process, I think you have to wait until moderation is finished and then the boundaries are sorted, so estimating, it should be around the first week of July for the boundaries to be posted.
    Oh okay thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Protoxylic)
    Would you reckon this year's boundary is gonna be lower than last year's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndyChow)
    Would you reckon this year's boundary is gonna be lower than last year's?
    I would have thought so, but it all depends on how well the others did. They'll set the Roentgenium boundary first from moderation of the top 1 percent of entrants, then they will set the others from that.

ReputationRep:
    Will any of you be attending the Oxford Open Day this coming Wednesday and Thursday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xx1CALUM1xX)
    Will any of you be attending the Oxford Open Day this coming Wednesday and Thursday?
    Me ^_^ I'm staying at Queen's with some other people from my College for the night. What about you? Are you going by yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Me ^_^ I'm staying at Queen's with some other people from my College for the night. What about you? Are you going by yourself?
    Brill, I'm staying at Magdalen. Your going for Chem I assume, hopefully i'll see you there! I am Calum, short and brown ha! I'm the only one from my Sixth Form that wants to study chemistry , but theres 4 of us going with one staff member.

ReputationRep:
    Hai! xD I'm Michael and I'm very very tall (6f6'). Yea I'm going to study Chemistry at Uni but don't know anyone who's going to study it too :/ but we might see each other ^_^ (you'll definitely spot me from my height and awkwardness...)

ReputationRep:
    I only got 47

I blame my lack of leet maths skillz, though.

One of our lower sixth students got a gold at this year's olymiad, but scraped a few more than 30 on this.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what award they achieved yet? They were released on the 1st of July last year so I was hoping it would be the same this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcmillanr)
    Does anyone know what award they achieved yet? They were released on the 1st of July last year so I was hoping it would be the same this year.
    Copper. The results should either be in your email or your college email (check both).

ReputationRep:
    Can someone help me with the silver question of this month? I am trying to use dates at the moment but its not proving effective.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amtheril)
    Copper. The results should either be in your email or your college email (check both).
    Did you get the email from your teacher or from the c3l6 administrators?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amtheril)
    Can someone help me with the silver question of this month? I am trying to use dates at the moment but its not proving effective.
    I think I remember this one: try taking screenshots of the individual people in the images and using the google image search with those (I think that's how I got to the answer).

ReputationRep:
    This years grade boundaries for the Chemistry Challenge:
    0-13 No Award
    14-20 Copper
    21-26 Silver
    27-41 Gold
    42-60 Roentgenium
    (I think this is right anyway!) I just scraped a silver :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaC97)
    This years grade boundaries for the Chemistry Challenge:
    0-13 No Award
    14-20 Copper
    21-26 Silver
    27-41 Gold
    42-60 Roentgenium
    (I think this is right anyway!) I just scraped a silver :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How did you find out?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't received any email, anyone who received email please tell me the grade boundary

ReputationRep:
    Lol I'm now wandering if I misspelt something when I was writing my email address on the front page of the chemistry Cambridge challenge paper. :P I will never know till September I guess :/

ReputationRep:
    Lol I'm now wandering if I misspelt something when I was writing my email address on the front page of the chemistry Cambridge challenge paper. :P I will never know till September I guess :/
    Don't worry dude I haven't got anything either - I'm going to the St. Catharines open day today so I'll ask Dr Wothers himself and hopefully I'll have some info if we still haven't got results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcmillanr)
    Don't worry dude I haven't got anything either - I'm going to the St. Catharines open day today so I'll ask Dr Wothers himself and hopefully I'll have some info if we still haven't got results.
    Thanks a lot!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 18, 2018

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.