Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by droplet739)
    Finished! Feel free to message for hints.

Just need some hints if you're willing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bengleave)
    Just need some hints if you're willing!
    Which do you need hints for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fizzers)
    Which do you need hints with?
    gold, it's a pain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bengleave)
    gold, it's a pain
    Ah, I remember that one! I would've been stuck on that for years if Droplet hadn't helped me!

You have to find the mass of SO2 produced first, then find out how much 5ppm is (mass per meter^3). Once you have that, find the maximum mass allowed in the room (which is less than a kilo) and find the length!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reecieboyblue)
    Really easy one, what's the current bronze, thought it was easy, typed it everything i thought would put the electronegativity to 0.46 and still nothing !
    Ecell means the emf across the half-cells in thermodynamically reversible conditions, conserved charged etc., not electronegativity!

A simple google search mentioning the copper half cell and voltage should give you the answer

ReputationRep:
    Hey Reecieboyblue.. is that the one with four gentlemen of science.... have you found there names? If so think about the background and what it could mean...(or where you may have seen it)

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who fancies giving me a hand on this months silver would be amazing, literally can not find anything on a couple of the dates given !
    The background image is super important! Do you recognise any of the scientists? (If not, reverse google image is your best friend) Find what the dates are for

ReputationRep:
    Thank you ! Can't believe i didn't realise !
    No worries! Glad that helped

ReputationRep:
    What I totally forgot it has started back
    Lots of scrolling ahead of me...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Have you got to the gold? I hate the calculation questions, can never seem to get their answer... am I close with 18750?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fizzers)
    The background image is super important! Do you recognise any of the scientists? (If not, reverse google image is your best friend) Find what the dates are for
    reverse google image doesnt work for those without a lot of cropping and hasstle- I went for the guy on the top left, if you have done/doing A level you may have heard of him... but like you say, background!

ReputationRep:
    They take it very, very seriously...a chemistry olympiad club, and know the people who write it etc. In addition some insanely smart chemists they get the chance to give scholarships for students from abroad, so have quite a selection!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oadf)
    Have you got to the gold? I hate the calculation questions, can never seem to get their answer... am I close with 18750?
    You're really close

Everyone excited?????!

ReputationRep:
    Yep!

ReputationRep:
    Unbelievably so!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thumbs up if you can't wait!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm an idiot
    I'm stuck already!!!!

Any clues for silver

ReputationRep:
    Hmm gold...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 18, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.