Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Arithmeticae)
    this is pretty much exactly what i've done so perhaps the numbers we're using are slightly off or something?

ps - you might want to remove that, don't want to spoil the method for other people (if that even is the right way)
    (Original post by MozyAdam)
    I second that.

PLEASE SHOW WHERE I HAVE GONE WRONG!!!
    [/SPOILER]
    Yes it is right maybe best to delete if you get the answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekha2611)
    Gold Q: Because it's 2 moles of gold for every 2 moles of HCl, do you just work out the moles of gold and carry the number across to use on the HCl - you don't have to divide it to find one mole? None of my figures are being accepted
    If Gold was the one about gold. Then you are overcomplicating it. As the song goes, three wise men brought gifts. If one is something, another is another...

ReputationRep:
    this is pretty much exactly what i've done so perhaps the numbers we're using are slightly off or something?

ps - you might want to remove that, don't want to spoil the method for other people (if that even is the right way)
    Yes, change your values in step 1 and 4. The specific heat capacities.

ReputationRep:
    hint for Rg?

ReputationRep:
    What is the temperature change for Rg?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhang-liao)
    Can I have another clue please ?
    another clue for gold
    Spoiler:
    Show
    look at the largest molecule in the leftmost flask, it can be very helpful if you can find the common name for this one...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    particulally if you find the wiki article on it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonzza_81)
    another clue for gold
    Spoiler:
    Show
    look at the largest molecule in the leftmost flask, it can be very helpful if you can find the common name for this one...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    particulally if you find the wiki article on it
    Done that one already

Stuck on Rg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MozyAdam)
    If Gold...
    wanna hide all that under the spoiler tag?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhang-liao)
    What is the temperature change for Rg?
    should be in the question
    Spoiler:
    Show
    you're told the initial temperature, and you know what temperature water freezes and evaporates at

any help for rg? i can't see where i'm going wrong with my calculations atm
    Spoiler:
    Show
    this might sound stupid, but i got stuck for ages cos i was using the diameters instead of radii in my volume equations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonzza_81)
    should be in the question
    Spoiler:
    Show
    you're told the initial temperature, and you know what temperature water freezes and evaporates at

Spoiler:
    Show
    this might sound stupid, but i got stuck for ages cos i was using the diameters instead of radii in my volume equations
    Aaah, been using 120...

ReputationRep:
    Hint for Ag please?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've just done copper-I had to just calculate it by counting...didn't take too long. Now stuck on silver, google doesn't seem to have any definitive opinions...

ReputationRep:
    For those stuck on Rg who feel like they're missing a step
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It takes energy just to change state (from solid to liquid, and from liquid to gas) as well as increase in temperature

ReputationRep:
    stuck on gold plssssss!!!!

hints pls..... I think know that one particle is cholesterol????

ReputationRep:
    So I got to rg really easily in about 30 mins but I can't seem to do rg. Can someone give me a hint or PM me the mass because I think that might be where I'm going wrong (btw I'm happy to help anyone)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    help with copper pleaseeeeeeee

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, pm if you want help. To be quite honest, this month's challenge was more challenging than most. Rg was relatively straight forward once you knew what you were doing.
    One but of advice though is make sure you use the right constants. There is slight variation on the internet which van quite drastically change your answer. Don't be afraid of a huge answer too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, stuck on Cu.

Please PM me with any hints, I've tried playing about with various numbers but it doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    Managed to finish all the challenges!

Rg wasn't too bad once I realised I was missing one bit, calculations were relatively straightforward.

Have you got an answer for Cu yet? I've tried with tons of numbers but no luck yet!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 18, 2018

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.