Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Guys... I need help in Cu.... Ive been stuck there for quite some time and i got nothing. Is it a pun? Because i found absolutely zero salts that have those three chemicals inside... (I found what the three names are in modern language but still nothing...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bruhda)
    Guys... I need help in Cu.... Ive been stuck there for quite some time and i got nothing. Is it a pun? Because i found absolutely zero salts that have those three chemicals inside... (I found what the three names are in modern language but still nothing...)
    ive tried for so many hours also. and yes, u r right that there aren't any such salts.

ReputationRep:
    help on entry pleaseee :'(

ReputationRep:
    Cu just try to balance the charges...

ReputationRep:
    Any clues for Rg...the DNA scientist??????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy_is_awesome)
    help on entry pleaseee :'(
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The needles break off like glass

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnnypong)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The needles break off like glass
    Thank you I just got it aha

ReputationRep:
    May tips/ advice

Entry:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Plant= stinging nettle

Cu
    Spoiler:
    Show
    find the modern names then the oxidation states in the salt and just...balance them out. If you find that difficult, you can look up some similar salts which might help

Ag
    Spoiler:
    Show
    think about the atomic orbitals involved

Au
    Spoiler:
    Show
    not much general help can be offered, I'm afraid. Sucrose is optically active- find the relevant equation

Rg
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Find some which you're confident with, then try to find a connection between them. Take note of the background.

Hope these help, good luck/have fun!

ReputationRep:
    Help on Gold? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Stuck on Gold
    Spoiler:
    Show
    have tried all the forms of the specific rotation->observed rotation equation for solutions that I can find, yet I'm still 'approaching the problem from the wrong angle')

Any help would be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retnemmoc)
    Stuck on Gold
    Spoiler:
    Show
    have tried all the forms of the specific rotation->observed rotation equation for solutions that I can find, yet I'm still 'approaching the problem from the wrong angle')

Any help would be appreciated.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    thats just the "humorous" way they tell you you're wrong...not a clue.

The length has to be in decimetres, and on the diagram the radius of the bottle is given, not the diameter (which is what you need for the path length)

ReputationRep:
    Still struggling on Rg...

Spoiler:
    Show
    just can't get the last chemist...the one with the DNA. That's the one I think I've got wrong anyway

ReputationRep:
    Completely stuck on Rg.....think it's the last one :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I hate the ones that are about chemists rather than chemistry

ReputationRep:
    Finally finished! Have to say that I feel Rg was done a lot better than previous 'find the chemist(s)' questions.
    Hint for Rg:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Find the people mainly associated with the materials that are more obvious. After one or two, you should work out the link between all of them.

Bigger hint
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The symbol in the background may be of interest to you.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please help me with Rg, I've got an idea for all of the images but I don't know which ones are not correct.

ReputationRep:
    Still stuck on entry level lol, despite all the hints. I've identified all the compounds shown (even acetylcholine - that was damn annoying too -_-) and typed them in but keep getting the question incorrect. Am i missing the point? (The previous hints unfortunately haven't given me any eureka moments either )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OllieTubb)
    Still stuck on entry level lol, despite all the hints. I've identified all the compounds shown (even acetylcholine - that was damn annoying too -_-) and typed them in but keep getting the question incorrect. Am i missing the point? (The previous hints unfortunately haven't given me any eureka moments either )
    You need to find out what the "stinger" is made from...not the irritant.

It is an inorganic material

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnnypong)
    You need to find out what the "stinger" is made from...not the irritant.

It is an inorganic material
    My God i'm stupid :mad::mad:
    Thank you very much sir! Finally finished entry level

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A84)
    true. Its just so hard.
    For Cu:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Write down the three element and the number of the so that all charges are balanced (on each element

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 18, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.