Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dragonkeeper999)
    IM STILL STUCK ON GOLD!!! It's been an hour and a half on that one question
    Any hints anyone - I've looked up what seems like every medal ever awarded and I can't seem to get it right.
    I'll PM you but if you get anything on Rg, please tell us very sleep Chemists

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loopy786)
    I'll PM you but if you get anything on Rg, please tell us very sleep Chemists
    For Rg
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I ignored the picture, just focus on the sequence.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    FINISHED!!!
    for the Rg one, try searching for different sequences in chemistry. Sorry, I don't know how to do the 'spoiler' thingy...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dyl63)
    Could you let me know if you get any leads also?

(Original post by david2457)
    Yeah I'm tired I'm calling it a night, fresher brain needed.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    Guys, with Rg

Spoiler:
    Show
    think about patterns, specifically ones that practically always come up in the challenge, some are tricky to the eye and have more than one way of looking at you, some are foundation chameleons.. if you get the drift of this not-very-well-disguised riddle...?

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Just finished. Cheated a little. (but they do say you can use anything you like!). Used a number pattern solver to find x and y, then it was easy!

ReputationRep:
    can't believe that these hints are getting me nowhere... I think I'm going to call it a day, Rg is just too vague, haven't got a clue what it could mean i mean, what sort of sequence starts with 1 1 1???!!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Nice.Guy)
    can't believe that these hints are getting me nowhere... I think I'm going to call it a day, Rg is just too vague, haven't got a clue what it could mean i mean, what sort of sequence starts with 1 1 1???!!
    I think there was a similar topic last year... hint - try searching for chemical sequences online.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by extons)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Just finished. Cheated a little. (but they do say you can use anything you like!). Used a number pattern solver to find x and y, then it was easy!
    Hahaha that was good thinking, though, using a number pattern solver- kudos to you. I was too tired to think of that this morning although I hope they'll use the Fibonacci sequence in a question one day. :nutcase:

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Number pattern solver! Genius. Managed to figure it out though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nice.Guy)
    I don't get the entry level question Which molecule is it talking about/which shape? The circles themselves, or the combination of all circles? And how similar does it have to be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Big-Daddy)
    I don't get the entry level question Which molecule is it talking about/which shape? The circles themselves, or the combination of all circles? And how similar does it have to be?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympicene

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dragonkeeper999)
    IM STILL STUCK ON GOLD!!! It's been an hour and a half on that one question
    Any hints anyone - I've looked up what seems like every medal ever awarded and I can't seem to get it right.
    I am pretty sure it's about Hanbury medal. I was not able though to find a list of the winners. At least a comprehensive one..
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by imiulia)
    I am pretty sure it's about Hanbury medal. I was not able though to find a list of the winners. At least a comprehensive one..
    try a different medal...

ReputationRep:
    This answer is rejected, with the response "The olympic rings are interlinked but not fused together - look for a more realistic representation"
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Big-Daddy)
    This answer is rejected, with the response "The olympic rings are interlinked but not fused together - look for a more realistic representation"
    keep searching on google for olympic ring molecules

ReputationRep:
    I did Rg!!! Thanks for your encouragement everybody

ReputationRep:
    Totally stuck on silver, any help would be appreciated!

Never mind just done it! and hopefully well on my way to doing gold!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bosley)
    Totally stuck on silver, any help would be appreciated!

Just not sure what the value of R is :/
    Google it!

ReputationRep:
    Google it!
    I already had but I was getting confused as which one to use! turns out none would have helped as I was using the right one at first. My Moles were wrong! amended those and now onto gold!

ReputationRep:
    Yes! Totally finished! Gold is a LOT easier than people are making out

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.