Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by Bosley)
    Yes! Totally finished! Gold is a LOT easier than people are making out
    That's what I thought :lol: I think it helped that I knew two of the scientists on sight, and the other two had molecules that I could google..

ReputationRep:
    fin~

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dyl63)
    Need help please, gold is driving me crazy, did they all get the Copley medal?
    Search Robert Bunsen it's the first one that comes up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oromis263)
    That's what I thought :lol: I think it helped that I knew two of the scientists on sight, and the other two had molecules that I could google..
    I won't lie, I didn't know any, but there were give aways in all of them that meant finding out who it was was pretty easy! Have you finished all of them now?

(Original post by Bosley)
    I won't lie, I didn't know any, but there were give aways in all of them that meant finding out who it was was pretty easy! Have you finished all of them now?
    Yeah. Sadly I was out being monumentally and outrageously drunk in Cambridge when the challenge was released, so I've got a pretty low ranking. Not good! Got to at least improve on last years (well, technically this years) position.

ReputationRep:
    does the silver has any decimal?

ReputationRep:
    where can i see how many people have finished?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lpdsr)
    where can i see how many people have finished?
    On the front page it has a number in the Rg box, that's it.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Finito - next time I'll actually stay up until midnight and try to get a rank somewhere near the top of the chemical wall of fame lol

ReputationRep:
    Finished in (just about) under an hour Wish I'd stayed up to do it Wednesday night now :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by astronaut)
    hi! i did the paper on monday.

it was... tough.
    Which paper is this? I thought the paper was sat in March-June every year (for AS students) and January for A2 students. (Chemistry Challenge and Chemistry Olympiad respectively).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oromis263)
    Yeah. Sadly I was out being monumentally and outrageously drunk in Cambridge when the challenge was released, so I've got a pretty low ranking. Not good! Got to at least improve on last years (well, technically this years) position.
    Ah fair enough! I take it you're at University there? This is my first year of doing it, only heard about it through a friend!

ReputationRep:
    Completely stuck on Copper. Why is it not just citrate?! It's the Krebs cycle isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eleanor.hurrell)
    Completely stuck on Copper. Why is it not just citrate?! It's the Krebs cycle isn't it?
    Yes! You are literally 99% there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by extons)
    Yes! You are literally 99% there.
    But i've been 99% there for ages! I've tried so many different things, i don't see what i'm missing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eleanor.hurrell)
    But i've been 99% there for ages! I've tried so many different things, i don't see what i'm missing
    it's more obvious than citrate... and the citrus fruits in the background indicate it well..

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe I got stuck on the Krebs cycle question because it refused the answer C_O_H_ but accepted C_H_O :facepalm:

Other than that it was quite easy

ReputationRep:
    im stuck on silver help

ReputationRep:
    it say " I'd try being a little more accurate with your values for R, p and T"
    but i am using accurate values
    :confused:

(Original post by Vinkal)
    it say " I'd try being a little more accurate with your values for R, p and T"
    but i am using accurate values
    :confused:
    What values are you using?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.