Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    can't understand Rg sequence.... the numbers look like atomic numbers but can't figure out the order

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silverland)
    well I've given up. I'm exhausted and now wish I'd spent a good deal of the last few hours sleeping

maybe next year?
    Don't give up!

ReputationRep:
    Anybody got any clues about the significance of the numbers? even a small clue would help. I mean, 53 may reference the swap he made with Iodine at 52/53 Proton number, but that didn't have 5 other swaps, let alone 14. :/

ReputationRep:
    btw, has anyone here actually done it (Rg)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silverland)
    is it just mass/proton number Moseley anomalies because I can only see 3 of them

I'm really puzzled by the sequence
    write out the numbers and see if you can write down something to do with those numbers that is to do with Mosely and is fundamental to chemistry. Can you see any patterns in what you've written down?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennywren42681)
    write out the numbers and see if you can write down something to do with those numbers that is to do with Mosely and is fundamental to chemistry. Can you see any patterns in what you've written down?
    Like the differences between the numbers?
    Btw, Just to say, Listening to the Hobbit Trailer soundtrack whilst working makes everything so much more relaxing.

ReputationRep:
    do i have to apply any formule in Rg?

(Original post by ChemistryPro)
    btw, has anyone here actually done it (Rg)?
    I have.

In all honesty, it's a bit of a ridiculous question. Not very happy with that one. The others were ok this month.

ReputationRep:
    NEED HELP ON Rg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oromis263)
    I have.

In all honesty, it's a bit of a ridiculous question. Not very happy with that one. The others were ok this month.
    Can you give us a hint, if it's not too much of a giveaway?

(Original post by GallifreyanSwamp)
    Can you give us a hint, if it's not too much of a giveaway?
    Someone has already given out the best advice I could give without giving it away. (jennywren)

Try not to get too wrapped up in anything in depth regarding the person in the picture. The solution is much simpler than that.

ReputationRep:
    Someone has already given out the best advice I could give without giving it away. (jennywren)

Try not to get too wrapped up in anything in depth regarding the person in the picture. The solution is much simpler than that.
    Any suggestions of what area we should be looking in for that sequence (subshells, atomic number, isotopes or whatever)?

Any suggestions of what area we should be looking in for that sequence (subshells, atomic number, isotopes or whatever)?
    See here for the best advice.

(Original post by jennywren42681)

ReputationRep:
    See here for the best advice.
    I realise that, but where should we look for that fundamental pattern?

ReputationRep:
    how to write in potential? and to write the multiply, i use 'x' or '*'?

I realise that, but where should we look for that fundamental pattern?
    Why, the periodic table of course! Where else would a budding chemist resort in times of need. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Clues:

Entry: Find the author of the quote and compare it to the years.

Copper: Bit of a hard one, but research different types of laboratory glassware.

Silver: You need to identify the three pictures and work out what they have in common. X and Y do not represent numbers.

Gold: Do some proper research, all the information is easily accessible. Faraday and the Washington Monument are linked to this.

Roentgenium: What importance does the number 53 have to chemistry? Compare it with the others after you have a link.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Why, the periodic table of course! Where else would a budding chemist resort in times of need. :holmes:
    I thought of that a while ago and have been staring intensely at it for 15 minutes until it reveals it secret
    So far, not so good :-/

ReputationRep:
    i put the sum and it says 'its not sigma, but pi!'. i multiply and the result isnt right!

ReputationRep:
    I know the answer to Rg, but I don't know how to write it. When I put in the calculation, it says "You need to do the calculation", but when I put in the answer it doesn't accept it.

Oops, my calculator doesn't show enough digits so I was out by 360.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 18, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.