Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Wow I wish I had gotten into the online challenges last year, having so much fun and I've only answered up to copper so far,
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Loved the detective skills behind looking at the pegged nose in the background, googling rancid butter, then googling butyric acid pKa then getting the correct value

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Halogenation)
    Wow I wish I had gotten into the online challenges last year, having so much fun and I've only answered up to copper so far,
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Loved the detective skills behind looking at the pegged nose in the background, googling rancid butter, then googling butyric acid pKa then getting the correct value
    You are back

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please help me, I'm on Rg and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong...
    I've worked out the volume of the snowflake (volume of shape x fraction shaded), multiplied by the density, divided by 18 and multiplied by avogadros number

This is actually driving me crazy

Edit - Ignore that I got it 257 on the honours board :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chignesh10)
    You are back

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, I have a bad habit of collecting warning points

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by picklepanda)
    Can someone please help me, I'm on Rg and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong...
    I've worked out the volume of the snowflake (volume of shape x fraction shaded), multiplied by the density, divided by 18 and multiplied by avogadros number

This is actually driving me crazy

Edit - Ignore that I got it 257 on the honours board :P
    I had a lovely paragraph prepare for this and then I read the last line :')

Congrats anyways though~!

ReputationRep:
    woop I finished!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Halogenation)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    My teacher wrote that question

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_miss_smiley)
    My teacher wrote that question

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I misread it as "worst buffer" rather than "worst butter" in the frantic midnight setting and kept searching for particularly bad smelling buffer solutions for 10 minutes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silverland)
    I misread it as "worst buffer" rather than "worst butter" in the frantic midnight setting and kept searching for particularly bad smelling buffer solutions for 10 minutes
    Haha that was a shame i got stuck on Rg but I finished it on the 1st though

Posted from TSR Mobile

I understand that this isn't related to the challenge at all but, I am required to do a chemistry project at school. It has to be an interesting experiment but using equipment that is readily available (and portable). Any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mu142857)
    I understand that this isn't related to the challenge at all but, I am required to do a chemistry project at school. It has to be an interesting experiment but using equipment that is readily available (and portable). Any suggestions?
    Making a hydrogen production plant is always fun, and requires just a simple bit of electrolysis ^_^

(Original post by Silverland)
    Making a hydrogen production plant is always fun, and requires just a simple bit of electrolysis ^_^
    Could you please explain how you would go about doing that experiment?

ReputationRep:
    :mad: still can't get the Rg answer to be correct .... can I check mine with someone without typing it here and spoiling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apsleybabe)
    :mad: still can't get the Rg answer to be correct .... can I check mine with someone without typing it here and spoiling
    Could you please tell me as to how you got past the Gold Level?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'm new to this thread.

I do the C3L6 challenge EVERY month (without fail) and I like to think I'm OK at it... Just wondering how you all are finding the challenge this year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RhiannonEdmunds)
    Hey guys, I'm new to this thread.

I do the C3L6 challenge EVERY month (without fail) and I like to think I'm OK at it... Just wondering how you all are finding the challenge this year?
    I've done them all since november, wish I knew about it before then though.

Although this months I think was the only one where I have answered all the questions without looking at any answers on tsr .

I'm currently in the top 200 for the cumulative board though. :smug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brittanna)
    I'm currently in the top 200 for the cumulative board though. :smug:
    Currently 22nd Cumulatively... :smug:

Name:  qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq.png
Views: 112
Size:  132.2 KB

And I can safely say I have NEVER had any help off any forums etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RhiannonEdmunds)
    Currently 22nd Cumulatively... :smug:

Name:  qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq.png
Views: 112
Size:  132.2 KB

And I can safely say I have NEVER had any help off any forums etc...
    Well I may be slightly beat there haha .

Well done on being so high on the leaderboard!!

My highest score for any month is still lower than your lowest score

I going to try and do the rest without any help from forums. It does feel a lot better when you manage to complete all the questions by yourself

I've decided that I am going to try and beat your score in March though .

ReputationRep:
    Well I may be slightly beat there haha .

Well done on being so high on the leaderboard!!

I going to try and do the rest without any help from forums. It does feel a lot better when you manage to complete all the questions by yourself
    Haha, thanks.

It does feel so much better knowing you did it yourself without any help...

The girl who is 16th [Helen W. AGS Alcester] and the guy below me [Henry M. Stratford-upon-Avon] both go to my SixthForm... It is a kinda competition between us all as to who can beat who each month! It's great fun!

ReputationRep:
    I've decided that I am going to try and beat your score in March though .
    Bring it!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 18, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.