Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lpdsr)
    can anybody help me? im stuck in Rg for more than 1 hour!
    same here...Im still stucked in this question!!!!
    I´ve tried so many different things...I dont know what to do

ReputationRep:
    Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i did it! the volume of the arena is: [50*(365/2)*(365/2)*4pi/3]/2 .... then get it to liters cause it is in cubic meters...for total moles divide by 0.082*273 ... for oxygen moles: multiply by 21% and then by the abundance of each isotope....for the answer multiply by the molecular weight (around 34) and that should be it....I don't know why but is sounds easier than it is...there are so many ways you can just fail in this question...

ReputationRep:
    need help with gold!

ReputationRep:
    I cant work out gold, I've Looked at IR spectra theory but I just cant find anything thats useful, any sort of help would be greatly appreciated

Okay ive worked out what the numbers represent, but now I cant actually work out what the molecule is

ReputationRep:
    any help on copper ...really stuck

ReputationRep:
    could someone help with copper i know it is related to the woodward rules but how many alkyls are there and what is the base valu and also how many extended conjugated double bonds are there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brendads89)
    Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i did it! the volume of the arena is: [50*(365/2)*(365/2)*4pi/3]/2 .... then get it to liters cause it is in cubic meters...for total moles divide by 0.082*273 ... for oxygen moles: multiply by 21% and then by the abundance of each isotope....for the answer multiply by the mass and that should be it....I don't know why but is sounds easier than it is...there are so many ways you can just fail in this question...
    Congratulations!! could you please guide me through the silver? i know i am close to it but i still cant get it... it says-:
    "Almost, take a closer look at where the peaks are..."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nihar97)
    could someone help with copper i know it is related to the woodward rules but how many alkyls are there and what is the base valu and also how many extended conjugated double bonds are there
    You know, you don"t have to do all that... just look at the picture...

ReputationRep:
    right, anyone want to pm the gold...quite stuck...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ltigers)
    right, anyone want to pm the gold...quite stuck...
    how did you get silver? i still dont get it...

ReputationRep:
    Realised how the number of atoms are linked to the number given, but still can't get the right answer. Been stuck on gold since 12:00 and the my teacher is no help at all.
    anyone want to pm the gold

ReputationRep:
    finally got gold, tried all possible answer

ReputationRep:
    Still Stuck on copper

ReputationRep:
    what is the entry's question's answer ??

ReputationRep:
    someone pls help with copper

ReputationRep:
    Fed up with Rg - if anyone could PM me a full explanation (not neccessarily the answer), then that would be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brendads89)
    Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i did it! the volume of the arena is: [50*(365/2)*(365/2)*4pi/3]/2 .... then get it to liters cause it is in cubic meters...for total moles divide by 0.082*273 ... for oxygen moles: multiply by 21% and then by the abundance of each isotope....for the answer multiply by the mass and that should be it....I don't know why but is sounds easier than it is...there are so many ways you can just fail in this question...
    So you do moles of O2 * (abundance O17 * abundance O18)?

Also, what is the "mass" you mention?

ReputationRep:
    what is the molecular formula of the substance we are looking for in gold
    also does the graph in the background have anything to do with it

ReputationRep:
    I've worked out how to do gold, do i need to work out the whole molecule, or just the dioxane bit(where the ? mark is)

ReputationRep:
    Stuck on Silver.... I got the "your close look closer at peaks" message.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.